Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys. I'm using EMSI in my desktop PC, very happy so far. However, there is a symptom that i've noticed since lasts versions. When EMSI is updating in background and i'm doing some action, there is a brief freezing (3-4 seconds) in my system until EMSI windows shows that updating is ended. I'm wondering if there any setting or solution to this issue. Thanks

Regards

D

Deleted member 65228

For what it is worth, when I used to use Emsisoft Anti-Malware as my primary security software in real-time back in 2014/2015, updating the signatures/product would always cause a short freeze/slow-down but only for a few seconds. It was only a few seconds and would have only happened if the GUI was opened at the same time therefore I never really saw it as a "problem". I've experienced a lot of this with many other security software products as well over the years.

You could let Emsisoft know and they could see if they can diagnose why this is happening but I wouldn't worry about it unless its really causing a problem for you, after all you did mention it was only around 4 seconds for you as well. Maybe they already know about the issue and just cannot fix it yet for some reason, I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.