System Image Restore after uninstalling VoodooShield?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This is where I'm coming from:
I recently reinstalled Windows, and I want to do things right this time, and not have all sorts of remnants from old security apps. I want a clean machine.
I am running Windows 10 with Windows Defender. I installed Voodooshield, and then I uninstalled it, in favor of NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. (Okay, you may not agree with my decision, but...)

If it was your machine, would you do a system image restore, to a point before the VS installation, or maybe that's just a waste of time and energy?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
waste of time and energy, VS latest version cleans up after itself if you select the "delete all files" during uninstall.
I didn't select that -- I thought it will just delete the program data folder, which is no big deal.

Reactions: AtlBo

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Always do a system image from clean Windows, without any security soft installed (apart from WD if Windows 10 is the case). You will never know what left on the system or what incompatibility you may encounter later. So, install Windows, update it, clean it from junk, defrag if necessary and backup it.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I made a system restore before installing it. Ultimately uninstalled it because it wasn't compatible with a multi user setup.

Reactions: shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.