Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @dragonx1983.

My earlier suggestion of Time Machine http://www.toolwiz.com/en/toolwiz-time-machine/
was just offered as an altenative. It creates a restore point, something your system usually does with each Windows Security Update.
I'd read your frustrations with what appeared to be repetative problems with your system's SSD in which case an external HDD would be a logical and viable alternative as our friends have already offered.
Additionally, @DanielN's alternative (below) allows one to take multiple snapshots of their system to return it to a previous state, but this is dependant on your system functioning properly before you attemempt to preserve it's state.
If I were you, I'd store my backups on a ext. hdd

Oh and in case you are still looking, Rollback Rx home edition is free, and is a good alternative to system restore.

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero
D

Deleted member 2913

Rollback Home is a good software.

But such software can have conflict with windows updates & mess the system.
I am having discussion on wilders & Rollback staff mentioned that such programs can have conflict with windows updates & mess the system.
Thats why Rollback on installation changes windows updates settings from auto to manual & users are advised to check their forum before installing windows updates. There is a thread in the forum that will update if the available windows updates have any probs with Rollback & what users should do.

So suggestions on wilders are system image + Rollback is a good solution.
Image will be your backup for any mess.
And Rollback will be your fast solution to probs on the system.

And would be best to disable windows system restore & defrag & any other defrag software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.