syswow64\rundll32.exe excess internet traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

awolf

Thread author
Sep 12, 2015
Hi,

Last week I noticed many detections in Avast! virus scan. I removed all suspect problems (log included). Over the following week I noticed a huge increase in internet traffic. I have secured my router/wireless, and have reason to believe it is something to do with my PC. I installed GlassWire firewall to monitor individual apps/processes and have reason to suspect that c:\windows\syswow64\rundll32.exe is infected. It consistently chews up data, and cannot reason this.

I have run complete scans with Avast! including rootkit detection, and removed anything it found. I have now run MalwareBytes (no detections), FRST (attached logs), AdwCleaner which detected nothing and aswMBR (attached log - 1 detection).

I would appreciate any assistance you may offer in resolving this. Kind regards

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    60.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    42.4 KB · Views: 1
  • AVSCAN-20150906-140843-143EBC34.LOG
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
  • aswMBR.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 1
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.