Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

I wanted to present you an antivirus, which even if its interface is very nice, is clearly to be avoided.
I'm going to tell you about T9...

The software for me, is at the limit of a PUP (even if it is not one...).

Why is it so?

Already on a site where I was able to download it which made the promotion, my Eset bombarded me of alert...

unknown.png

It runs on the Avira engine, but without its Cloud (here is a reaction, the alert looks like the one from Malwarebytes)

detection.png

But that's not all! When you wander through the software, it promotes a VPN signed ShieldApp... (and the antivirus looks like Shieldapp AV)

Capture d’écran 2022-07-17 132945.png

Of course, I tested it... without appeal...

finish.png

Do not install this antivirus ! ;)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's a rebrand of Systweak Antivirus, released by the same publisher. Systweak and Tweaking Technologies are owned by the same people. I have recently used it and is extremely light, but has some minor bugs. It also has some problems such as only being able to delete or restore quarantined items one at a time. I have not seen it tested previously, but was not expecting much. The UI is similar to that of IObit Malware Fighter, but it's not the first time that they've copied a UI. You can buy a 1 year license from Amazon India for 249 Rupees, which is about $3. In this case you certainly get what you pay for.

It's worth noting that Systweak also publish Advanced System Protector, antimalware software which has major issue with false positives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.