Taavo' Config (Updated)

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender, SpyShelter Premium, MCShield, Unchecky.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Antimalware free, Zemana Antimalware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
LastPass, Avira browser safety, uBlockOrigin, Click&Clean, save as PDF, Popup blocker pro, Pushbullet, HTTPS Everywhere.
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner, wise disk cleaner, Auslogics disk defrag professional, GeekUninstaller
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard

Taavo'

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 31, 2014
Removed: Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.1 Antivirus is very poor, firewall is very good, but with windows firewall is sufficient.
Added: Windows Defender&Windows firewall, Wise Disk cleaner, Filehippo Update Checker.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration which includes some of my favorite software & extensions,:cool: and they're all on a Vaio Lap top too!!!:D
For added privacy whilst using Google Chrome, I recommend browsing under incognito window which deletes history when closed, & be sure to check boxes (under/beside settings) to Allow in incognito those select extensions you'd like to use.;)

Last edited:

Taavo'

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 31, 2014
Thank you for sharing your configuration which includes some of my favorite software & extensions,:cool: and they're all on a Vaio Lap top too!!!:D
For added privacy whilst using Google Chrome, I recommend browsing under new incognito window which deletes history when closed, & be sure to check boxes (under/beside settings) to Allow in incognito those select extensions you'd like to use.;)
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Taavo'

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 31, 2014
Removed: Comodo Internet Security Is good, but I will use it only in virtualbox:p
Added: Windows Defender&Windows Firewall, again:oops:

Any other reccomendation? I'll try not to modify more:rolleyes:

Taavo'

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 31, 2014
Return to my initial setup, I have a key for Outpost, I'll use it. I no longer will modify more, o yes?:rolleyes:
Removed: Avast free, Iobit Uninstaller
Added: Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.1, Smart Defrag, Geek Uninstaller, Driver Booster.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.