Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
ESET Internet Security + Malwarebytes Premium
Firewall security
About custom security
Most of the settings are default, with exception of hardening detection, HTTPS filtering being disabled, root certificate not being installed to known browsers, firewall set to Interactive, HIPS set to Smart mode, and minor tweaks
Periodic malware scanners
ESET Internet Security, Malwarebytes
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Vivaldi Browser, ClearURLs, CSS Exfil Protection, Cookie AutoDelete, LocalCDN, Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Privacy Redirect
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Portable, winapp2ool, PrivaZer, TCP Optimizer, Manual tweaks, O&O Defrag Pro 22 (using defrag method adapted to SSD)
File and Photo backup
Manual backups to external HDD
System recovery
No software used to backup clone of system, if system is corrupted I clean reinstall it before copying my backup files and folders back into it
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
ASUS Rog Strix G17

• Intel Core i7 10750H
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
  • 16 GB of RAM (Dual Channel)
  • 512 GB M.2 SSD
Notable changes
2020-12-18:
  • More details about the RTP
  • Changes to Browser Add-ons
  • Changes to Maintenance tools
  • Other minor changes

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@tailHey:

In Photos and Files backup Your may use some backup cloud service: OneDrive, Google Drive, Mega, etc...

A full Image System BackUp would be also welcome (Macroum Reflect Free,...)

Thanks for sharing :)
What benefit of full image system backup? I always wondered and didnt study about that.
I always do a clean install of Windows via bootable USB, and then install everything from scratch.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Still have some sort of image backup, instead your USB gets corrupted or you drop it. It's a backup for the backup a you use USB as well. Need as many options as your can to back up your data. It's worth more than oil now and no excuses should be used from anyone whatsoever ever. Never rely on something you normally do which you only have one option to do.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.