App Review Targeted Ransomware vs the Cloud

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Thanks Guys! Glad you liked it! This video came about because I ran into a College chum and we were reminiscing about the Throwback parties at Dartmouth. I just had to find a topic short enough for the song...

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Actually expected that.
Dr. Web is quite weak against ransomware unfortunately.
A in the wild Locky will actually do the same, maybe hit less files.
Actually a problem with many ransomwares.
Hope that issues to be fixed at least partly in v12.
Thank you for another great vid sis :)

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
i cannot underestand what was the goal in this Review ( is it really Review?! )!

and about title, Ransomware vs Cloud? what is that mean? probably you test DrWeb by mistake you wanted to test Webroot :D
by the way, nothing is 100% you may test another ransomware which Doctor Web block it easly, another vendor cannot block it as we have 2 example here, Doctor Web Prevention Protection is able to block CTB-Locker easly but Norton after 2 years cannot yet!
another example, Doctor Web PP is able to block Petya family, Bitdefender cannot yet !

Thanks for Vid anyway BUT test was not clear.:D

D

Deleted member 178

i cannot underestand what was the goal in this Review ( is it really Review?! )!

This isn't a review, the video purpose is to show that a Ransomware can lock files faster than the cloud can respond (making the cloud useless)

by the way, nothing is 100% you may test another ransomware which Doctor Web block it easly, another vendor cannot block it as we have 2 example here, Doctor Web Prevention Protection is able to block CTB-Locker easly but Norton after 2 years cannot yet!
another example, Doctor Web PP is able to block Petya family, Bitdefender cannot yet !

She used scripts which many AVs are useless against.

K

KGBagent47

I expected to watch the test against Webroot which is the most used pure cloud-based security software rather than Dr Web...

and about title, Ransomware vs Cloud? what is that mean? probably you test DrWeb by mistake you wanted to test Webroot :D

Thanks for Vid anyway BUT test was not clear.:D
Name A distributed version of Petya Bitdefender does not block?

K

KGBagent47

This isn't a review, the video purpose is to show that a Ransomware can lock files faster than the cloud can respond (making the cloud useless)

She used scripts which many AVs are useless against.
Not all cloud AVs rely solely on signatures, some such as Webroot have zero-day contingencies.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Yep, I know the video it was tested without signatures witch is essentially crippling Bitdefender and then dancing on there grave.
we are talking about Behavior Blocker ! when i said that BitDefender cannot block Petya yet! i was talking about their behavior blocker, BitDefender Database is one of the best everyone knows that! :D

anyway, the title of this topic, is nothing to do with Dr.Web! i even could not guess that this topic related to Dr.Web )) such a wise subject :D

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
i know, i'm closed beta tester for webroot. reason i would like to see the same test against webroot.
Webroot Rollback, well for sure it could rollback the changes even manualy when you set the file situation on Block. but the truth is that they have nothing for Prevention except their Database :D i'm sure you're agree with me ;)

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.