asus-gl552-mainpic.jpg

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty good configuration there!

Well in a little concern since CCleaner can be fine already both on registry and its cleaner tool which ASC may provide some issues on few features. Likely an alternative like Privazer or add CCEnhancer to maximize the cleaning ability.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Considering you have a ROG, you upgraded it to W10 correct? If so then I would rather recommend you Virtual Box for your malware samples etc over Shadow Defender. Yes Shadow Defender is good piece of software however, considering that the ASUS doesn't provide a windows disk installation and their custom software is preinstalled in a restore image, things can go a bit sour.

That is just my opinion.
Other than that, swap Dr.Web to MBAM.
W10 and W8 (should you go back to W8) don't really need optimization softwares like ASC. Just CCleaner is more than enough.

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Pretty good configuration there!

Well in a little concern since CCleaner can be fine already both on registry and its cleaner tool which ASC may provide some issues on few features. Likely an alternative like Privazer or add CCEnhancer to maximize the cleaning ability.

I'm running CCleaner once every week (disabled active monitoring). ASC is for optimizing services, startup & the uninstaller which comes with it. Thanks for recommending CCEnhancer. I'm trying it right now.

Considering you have a ROG, you upgraded it to W10 correct? If so then I would rather recommend you Virtual Box for your malware samples etc over Shadow Defender. Yes Shadow Defender is good piece of software however, considering that the ASUS doesn't provide a windows disk installation and their custom software is preinstalled in a restore image, things can go a bit sour.

That is just my opinion.
Other than that, swap Dr.Web to MBAM.
W10 and W8 (should you go back to W8) don't really need optimization softwares like ASC. Just CCleaner is more than enough.
I somewhat agree with you. Optimization tools aren't necessary these days. But I like ASC for it's cool interface & bundled features like Uninstaller, Homepage Protection & Startup Manager which provides user insight.

MBAM is a great tool I have to admit I might have used it more often than hitman pro. However, Dr Web has better disinfection ability in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
A very good config, just add BitDefender 60 second virus scanner, which is quick, light and it runs in background.
Then, you can install also Collusion extension for Chrome which allows you to know which sites are tracking you, and this is very important!!
Thanks for sharing it ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Lahiru Tarz. There is so much I like about your configuration,:):) while (at the same time) I do feel as though I'm navigating unfamiliar waters:confused: by asking the following: Does Windows 10 include it's own password manager with encryption such as what LastPass www.lastpass.com provides?o_O Additionally, I nearly feel a pang of guilt as I am about to type what's coming next because so many wiser here than myself have already warned us away from Iobit's Advanced System Care.:oops: ..so, if you are currently paying for this software, I do happen to have an unused key you may have. Kindly send me a PM if we are going to respectively ignore our :rolleyes: constituents whom rule from High Above on that Mountain called Olympus!:D

Lastly, my cats would open their eyes just to show their approval (..if only):p and I shall look closer at your "Poper blocker" ext. + the Prey for Windows app. Thank you for sharing!:):cool:

S

starchild76

Such a wonderful way of words as ever cats! Iobit can wreck Your system If you do not Pay attention and are click happy , too agressive for most users here. Ccleaner , wisecare 365 and Privazer is the most cuvvited combo by most users and you Cannot beat its price ; f.o.c. ( in the words of Norman bates ) free of charge!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Such a wonderful way of words as ever cats! Iobit can wreck Your system If you do not Pay attention and are click happy , too agressive for most users here. Ccleaner , wisecare 365 and Privazer is the most cuvvited combo by most users and you Cannot beat its price ; f.o.c. ( in the words of Norman bates ) free of charge!
Well, if Norman Bates says: "Free of charge", ..looks like I'm staying @The Bates Motel!:D ..wondering if Norma uses Advance System Care.:rolleyes:

Thank you, Starchild76, for helping me reach my self esteem quota *deflates head* now:confused:!:D

Back on OP (LahiruTarz's) topic, I do attend the church of CCleaner/Privazer; and shall follow the yellow brick road to "Wisecare", both figuratively & literally.:) We'll confidently hope @Umbra-nator/Staff approve!:cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.