Advice Request Task Manager and Edge

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I never really paid much attention before but Edge's memory use seems high with what I have open. Look at my mail and the MalwareTips. Doesn't that seem a bit high?

ScreenHunter_113 Jun. 04 16.19.jpg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I've got all my mail open + MT and mine is about the same. I find Edge uses much less memory and resources generally than FF. I've been using Edge almost exclusively for the last month or so & I'm actually coming to prefer it over FF. I run it with Nano Adblocker - nice and simple. I would consider it normal. My CPU is quite low as well.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I like Edge but I just opened a few more pages and am now using over a gig of memory just for edge. Good thing I have 16 gig .

ScreenHunter_114 Jun. 04 16.47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Edge is pretty good with nanoblocker, pop up blocker (strict) + mcafee WebAdvisor

+ smooth scrolling is so enjoyable while reading news etc.
+ Smartscreen

Edge is bit slightier than chrome also, but i think they pretty much compete on same line

Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.