Advice Request Technologies behind Panda Antivirus

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

kev216

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I found this official paper from Panda Security. It describes in detail how the mechanisms behind their behaviour blocker and behaviour analysis (a.k.a Truprevent) and the collective intelligence cloud technology works. These technologies are used in both their free and paid home antivirus products.
It's quite a long read and maybe not so simple since it goes into a lot of technical details, but I still wanted to share it for those who are interested in the power behind this software. It looks like a simple product, but there is a lot more behind it.

Link to the paper: https://www.pandasecurity.com/rfile...TION-Whitepaper-CollectiveIntelligence-EN.pdf

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Good but the information looks to be outdated. The most recent date mentioned in the article is 2010. Still if this is where Panda was in 2010, it's only better now and probably significantly better by this point. Great to be able to read about the technology in a product for users too. Thx...

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
it seems Collective intelligence works like Eset/Kaspersky/360 cloud so the first person is dead! but it doesn't matter cuz others will be safe : ) one for all:emoji_innocent:
Have you even saw testings? Even after days it wont detect unknown malware, pandalabs tells that 6-minutes is what it takes to protect from new virus etc. Many other compamies are claiming the same. But hey, thats why we love MT to learn more.

I have no intension to create anger or anykind of hate or to be offensive.

Thank you all

B

BVLon

Have you even saw testings? Even after days it wont detect unknown malware, pandalabs tells that 6-minutes is what it takes to protect from new virus etc. Many other compamies are claiming the same. But hey, thats why we love MT to learn more.

I have no intension to create anger or anykind of hate or to be offensive.

Thank you all
Panda used to be great ages ago, then gradually the quality dropped and now it's just rubbish.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I don't use SD but what I can tell is Panda is really good and it worked flawlessly on my system. I am using SurfEasy VPN and no issues with Panda. One might add Bitdefender Traffic light.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I don't use SD but what I can tell is Panda is really good and it worked flawlessly on my system. I am using SurfEasy VPN and no issues with Panda. One might add Bitdefender Traffic light.
Shadow Defender is a must have & a few months ago there were major incompatibilities with Panda that were not sort-able, I used it for some time before that - I don't now if this issues been fixed as I liked it !

Reactions: HunterKhajiit

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Yes McAfee has improved a lot and now it is one of the lightest products and it offers very good protection. But I really like the fact that Panda allows you to play with its enormous settings.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.