Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
COMODO Internet Security Premium 10 (Custom Setting), MCsheild, unchecky
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger Premium, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Hitman pro
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Ghrome ( IDM Integration Module,ZenMate Security, Privacy & Unblock VPN, uBlock Origin,Canavas)
Maintenance tools
Process Lasso, Wisecare 365, Kerish Doctor and ccleaner
File and Photo backup
Beyond Compare 4
System recovery
Acronis True Image 2016 (usb)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Update:

Removed:
- Eset Smart security
- EXE Radar
- Defraggler
- Process Lasso

Enabled:
- Windows Defender
- Windows Firewall
- Shadow Defender ( from on-demand to real-time )
- Windows Defragment and Optimize Drives

Added:
PatchMyPC
@technology Why did you remove EXE Radar and Eset Smart Security? And then, for me Process Lasso is a really good software to keep our PC more fast and optimized; why did you remove it?

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
@technology : You may want to take a look at this program:

Update - Clean Slate 10 Build 4823

thnx for suggestion, I'l give it a try ;)

@technology Why did you remove EXE Radar and Eset Smart Security? And then, for me Process Lasso is a really good software to keep our PC more fast and optimized; why did you remove it?
actually with shadow defender work on real time all my system was virtualized and protected so I remove both prog.
regarding Process Lasso, it make multitasking run smooth specially on low-mid end devices, I'm still using it on my home pc, but didn't see that much different on my laptop

Reactions: Logethica

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
thnx for suggestion, I'l give it a try ;)

actually with shadow defender work on real time all my system was virtualized and protected so I remove both prog.
regarding Process Lasso, it make multitasking run smooth specially on low-mid end devices, I'm still using it on my home pc, but didn't see that much different on my laptop
Thanks for the reply @technology ;)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
yesterday, I've test SEP vs zero-day cryptolocker samples in VM, Sonar did a good job by catching it and clean the system but it remain files crypted :(

Last edited:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I don't think there is a different in sonar

A difference is that in version of SONAR Framework: in Norton 22 (the current version) it has been 9.x, while for SEP 12.1 it is just 8.x (8.0.0.137 currently).

Please note that Norton 21 also uses SONAR Framework 8.x, but there are still some differences between SONAR in SEP 12.1 and SONAR in Norton 21. Some tests (conducted by users in the online case) have shown that there are some malwares that can be prevented and removed by SONAR in Norton 21, but are missed by SONAR in SEP 12.1.5 (current version is 12.1.6).

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
A difference is that in version of SONAR Framework: in Norton 22 (the current version) it has been 9.x, while for SEP 12.1 it is just 8.x (8.0.0.137 currently).

Please note that Norton 21 also uses SONAR Framework 8.x, but there are still some differences between SONAR in SEP 12.1 and SONAR in Norton 21. Some tests (conducted by users in the online case) have shown that there are some malwares that can be prevented and removed by SONAR in Norton 21, but are missed by SONAR in SEP 12.1.5 (current version is 12.1.6).
That's weird ,TY for info. ;)

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
That's weird

As far as I know, the reason why SONAR in SEP has a low prevention rate (compared to SONAR in Norton) is probably because SONAR in SEP does not have the definitions of threats that are identified as "SONAR.Heurstic.1xx". By contrast, a large percent of malwares prevented by SONAR in Norton are classified as "SONAR.Heuristc.120", "SONAR.Heuristc.121" and "SONAR.Heuristc.132".

You can find the full list of the threat defnitions in SONAR in the link below:

A-Z Listing of Threats & Risks - Symantec Corp.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.