CPU/RAM/Storage
Low Usage

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
My review of Kaspersky Internet Security 2019

It did fantastic during my 2 week test on it. The first part was Malware Links and it did fantastic it got everything besides one piece of adware but I think it’s a false positive only 4 engines got it on Virus Total but you can decide on that one.

My Second Portion is Malware File testing and detection rate out of 1000 files it got 990 which is 99% rounded which is very good.
The biggest part of this test over 2 weeks was testing unknown malware against it. It did very good Kaspersky is doing great in this category too. I used the 10 it missed and additional 20 samples and it got all of them very impressive.
The product itself is very stable for the most part. The only complaint which is downloading updates and applying them it’s kinda slow but not a big deal.

Scan times are a little slow but not noticeable though it’s very in depth so can’t really complain

Has a lot of settings very good for techy users like myself crank them settings up and your pc is locked down.

System impact is not noticeable it’s pretty light for most computers and did fine on my gaming desktop which of course it would do fine. But on my 4-5 year old laptop it was very light and no impact very surprising. Many years ago this was Kaspersky’s down fall they are doing great now.
I did call Kaspersky Customer Care with a issue I made up they was very smart knowledgeable and caring.

I will recommend this Anti-virus to everyone.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hey, thanks for sharing your test with us! Would you mind telling us if you tested at default or a customed config? If you're planning on sharing more tests, you may include pcitures :)

Reactions: catjc and BigWrench
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

It did fantastic during my 2 week test on it. The first part was Malware Links
Each day new malicous links? Source?
it got everything besides one piece of adware but I think it’s a false positive only 4 engines got it on Virus Total but you can decide on that one.
Could you pease link VT on that "adware" ?
My Second Portion is Malware File testing and detection rate out of 1000 files it got 990 which is 99% rounded which is very good.
How old were the samples/source?

Could you also please specify the settings you were using in KIS2019 and Windows version or possibly share some screens during the test if you have any? Thanks for sharing your review. :emoji_v:

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
low impact?
For me the unique true low impact has been ESET.
webroot too, but kaspersky LOL.
Give the 2019 version a try its alot lighter than what it use to be.
Your results are compatible with the malware hub testing. Kaspersky is always a winner there.
I have heard of Malware hub but all my reviews and tests are non bias reviews and are my own opinion take it as you wish.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
Hey, thanks for sharing your test with us! Would you mind telling us if you tested at default or a customed config? If you're planning on sharing more tests, you may include pcitures :)
On the virtual machine its tested at default settings from Kaspersky Lab for testing purposes because a non tech savy person would use it like that. I have been giving it a try on my own machine and its at Custom Settings

Reactions: RoboMan

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
Each day new malicous links? Source?

Could you pease link VT on that "adware" ?

How old were the samples/source?

Could you also please specify the settings you were using in KIS2019 and Windows version or possibly share some screens during the test if you have any? Thanks for sharing your review. :emoji_v:
The Malware Samples are approximately 24 (or newer)-48 hours old (nothing older) and links are the same way I don't use old malware wants the point of that?
Each day new samples was used I tried my best to make sure it wasn't the same piece of malware

Last edited:

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
Virus Total Link: VirusTotal
Currently detection: 7/68
Last checked it was 4/68
This piece of software could be categorized as Riskware or PUP

Reactions: harlan4096

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
Sources for Links varies it depends which is putting out decent links
Malc0de
Vx Vault
Clean-mx
Virus Sign

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
Thanks You to everyone for following up with me on details of everything it helps me to be more in detail on next reviews.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I don't use old malware wants the point of that?
Usually with these reviews where someone make statements that product X is good at detecting malware, you might get a lot of questions how did you determine that and how did you test product X to get such results. It's all good and don't take anything personal, people in MT appreciate evidence, like screenshots and more detailed information. If you tested e.g. Webroot and got a 99% detection results, something would not be right. I'm sure you get the point, you just gotta be prepared for questions. Since it is Kaspersky and your results are more or less equal with Malware Hub results, your review is valid. (y) Also, if you are interested and have some free time, you might look into signing up for a trial in Malware Hub to test security products you desire. Get Involved in the Malware Hub

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.