Compare list
firefox vs edge vs liberwolf
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Wow, impressive.

I'm using Mint so, gimme, gimme, gimme dem tweaks...
The most important tweak was using the Pinta :) and move a 2 over a 0 🤣

When I explained in this post (link) some warnings are really silly I get a few reactions, when I pinta-shop a great result I get many reactions.

Guys the test is a bit silly, some warning I can understand, but a fair part of the warnings are really far fetched.

Last edited:

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Firefox :

browser_check_01.jpg

browser_check_02.jpg

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
What can we learn from this? My knowledge falls short to understand all warnings and to take countermeasures.
Usually Firefox is te browser which confines the most with W3C best practices and advice. It seems that both Edge and Brave do a marginally better than Google. The practicality of these tests are marginal. The sandboxes and isolation policies are much more important together with update window (in which Chrome does a little better than Brave and Brave a little better than Edge) On linux and Windows the sandboxes of Chromium based browsers are a lot stronger than Firefox based browsers. On Windows users can even increase integrity level of untrusted to appcontainer. On top of that Chromium based browsers offer much more user management on site permissions. That said with so much security disadvantages of Firefox based browsers, there are still a lot of people who prefer Firefox for its better privacy settings.

When you favored Chromium based browsers, this thread probably won't change your opinion. When you preferred Firefox based browsers this thread will provide some ease of the pain of knowing you are using the browser with the weakest security.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Usually Firefox is te browser which confines the most with W3C best practices and advice... That said with so much security disadvantages of Firefox based browsers, there are still a lot of people who prefer Firefox for its better privacy settings... When you preferred Firefox based browsers this thread will provide some ease of the pain of knowing you are using the browser with the weakest security.
Recently I'm running Firefox more & more for the privacy, and recently running FF in Sandboxie-Plus, not sure it actually helps security-wise, but probably doesn't hurt, surfing seems smoother and faster with sbie+ (or my imagination) :unsure:

Reactions: franz and Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.