Battle test results from browseraudit

Compare list
firefox vs edge vs liberwolf
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

worixo3920

Thread author
Feb 24, 2024
is this site and result are worth and is there any way to improve your browser security?
Screenshot 2024-02-24 193556.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 193624.png

left picture are Liberwolf and right one from firefox
Screenshot 2024-02-24 195524.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 195538.png
this one from ms edge
all browser tweaked
my main browser is liber wolf i use it for few weeks and so far work well i only want to know about this test and i want to know is there any other site and test just like this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
The test results from BrowserAudit can provide valuable insights into the security features and vulnerabilities of different web browsers. While the site itself may not be as frequently updated as other security testing platforms, it can still offer a good starting point for evaluating the security of your browser.

As for improving your browser security, there are several steps you can take:

1. Keep your browser up to date: Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser, as updates often include security patches to address known vulnerabilities.

2. Enable built-in security features: Most modern browsers come with built-in security features such as sandboxing, phishing protection, and automatic updates. Make sure these features are enabled for maximum protection.

3. Use browser extensions: Consider installing security-focused browser extensions like ad blockers, script blockers, and password managers to enhance your online security.

4. Be cautious of downloads and websites: Avoid downloading files from untrusted sources and be wary of clicking on suspicious links or visiting unfamiliar websites to reduce the risk of malware infections.

5. Consider using a VPN: Using a virtual private network (VPN) can help encrypt your internet connection and protect your online privacy and security.

Regarding other sites and tests similar to BrowserAudit, you can explore platforms like Qualys BrowserCheck, Panopticlick, and SecurityHeaders.io, which offer tools to assess browser security and privacy settings. These sites can provide additional insights and help you further enhance your browser security.

If you have any specific questions or concerns about your browser security, feel free to ask for more detailed advice or recommendations.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
fwiw, I ran browseraudit with firefox 123.0 & got 404 passed, 27 warning, 0 critical, 0 skipped. I had seen this site before but not deeply familiar with it. Not exactly sure what the point is with the "warnings" as I am not seeing any suggestions how-to-fix. I suppose if I had gotten a "critical" I'd be trying a little harder to understand it and fix. :coffee:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Also got 399 passed and 32 warnings in Chrome, but it contains a lot of B@ll$h1t for instance I get a warning for

Code:
    WebSocket connecting to wss://browseraudit.com with default-src 'self'

Which means default policy for WebSocket (data) connections that they are allowed from Browser Audit to itself (first-party). Seems okay to me (otherwise websites would brake).

I would have given a warning when my browser would have specified no default policy (meaning all is allowed), but next "default-src 'none' is blocked so all is okay IMO. Nothing to worry about

I have below user rules in AdGuard to limit risky third-party sources from TLD's I never visit and on all insecure websites.

Code:
! Block risky first-party content on HTTP websites everywhere, except on router console.
|HTTP://*$script,websocket,object,ping,denyallow=192.168.0.1

! Block risky third-party content not coming from Top Level Domains I normally visit (being Dutch).
|HTTPS://*$third-party,script,websocket,object,ping,subdocument,denyallow=nl|be|de|uk|eu|app|com|edu|io|net|org|tv

With uBO it is easier to add above TLD's as dynamic filter rules for easier control and exception setting (link to sticky on MT).
The AdGuard rules above are explained somewhere by @JanWilly but I don't have the link a hand (it is either a separate thread or somewhere in the sticky thread).

Last edited:

worixo3920

Thread author
Feb 24, 2024
fwiw, I ran browseraudit with firefox 123.0 & got 404 passed, 27 warning, 0 critical, 0 skipped. I had seen this site before but not deeply familiar with it. Not exactly sure what the point is with the "warnings" as I am not seeing any suggestions how-to-fix. I suppose if I had gotten a "critical" I'd be trying a little harder to understand it and fix. :coffee:
mee too there is no fix

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.