Zemana AntiMalware...

Keylogger test: PASS
ClipBoard Logger test: FAIL
ScreenLogger test: FAIL
WebcamLogger test: not applicable as I do not have a webcam

Avira...

Keylogger test: PASS
The remaining tests: FAIL

NOTE: I do NOT have a webcam on this computer so the webcam test is not applicable in my case I assume.

Zemana AntiLogger
... it passed all tests and I figured it would as it was designed to specifically handle these particular tests.

I also have MBAM and MBAE in real time use and they didn't detect anything.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I also have MBAM and MBAE in real time use and they didn't detect anything.

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Anti Malware and Anti Exploit is not the same as Anti Keylogger because all three design to do different thing. And you can run all of three without any conflict. Anti Malware design to catches malware, Anti Exploit blocked exploits, and Anti Keylogger block keylogger malicious application or any applications attempt keylogger.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could anyone care to explain why test with these specific set of tools? As far as I know, they're targeted for the paid Zemana AntiLogger.

If the tools are detected by your Antivirus, does it qualify as a pass, or if not detected, but prompted for suspicious behaviour?

H

hjlbx

To test HMP.A anti-keylogging protection, one must:

1. Install Zemana Keylogger Utility
2. Open a HMP.A protected application - such as browser
3. Then type something into address or search bar
4. Observe if Zemana Keylogger Utility "captures" keystrokes

If HMP.A is protecting properly, then keystrokes will be captured - but encrypted.

HMP.A does NOT provide system-wide anti-keylogger protection; it only encrypts keystrokes from within protected applications.

In that regard, HMP.A is similar to KeyScrambler.

Last edited by a moderator:

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Is this something that I should be worried about?

I basically failed most of the test.

Or should I just ignore it since it's a targeted bias test.

Though NVT ExeRadar Pro detected the exe and I allowed it to run.

Many thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.