Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Avast! Free 2016

KeyLogger Test Program: Detected

WebCamLogger Test Program: The program run, but I dont have a webcam.

ClipBoardLogger Test Program: Failed

ScreenLogger Test Program: Failed

Capture1.jpg

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Panda Endpoint Protection 2016:
Keylogger program: failed to detect, program catches everything I type in -> Panda Fails
Webcam Logger: The program runs, but is unable to acces my webcam, so I guess it's blocked by panda -> Panda catches it
Clipboard Logger: Program displays everything I have on my clipboard -> Panda Fails
Screenlogger: Programs displays everything is going on on my screen -> Panda fails again

I thought Panda would do much better in protecting me from this (although it's just test software), but it did not good at all. Very dissapointing :(

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Well, In my experience, this only proves that these security suites don't have a dedicated Anti-Logger protection module so they fail to block these. Almost every Some of the suites passed the webcam logger test because of this.

I will not judge a security suite on general anti-logging feature if they don't have one rather it's ability to block the logging when financial transaction came into play which should be done by every security suite that is promising to protect out finance from these threats.

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Well, In my experience, this only proves that these security suites don't have a dedicated Anti-Logger protection module so they fail to block these. Almost every suite passed the webcam logger test because of this.

I will not judge a security suite on general anti-logging feature if they don't have one rather it's ability to block the logging when financial transaction came into play.
many of them failed in webcam protection....:(

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Spyshelters tool offers more tests and modules to test in a single interface. Link : Security Test Tool | SpyShelter Anti-Keylogger - World's Best Anti Keylogging software
Maybe @omidomi can add this to original post so people can test comprehensively.
I did the spyshelter test too, thanks for the suggestion. Here panda fails even more, now it has acces to my webcam too. It catches nothing. Even registry changes etc, everything is done without panda blocking something. Very very bad for Panda.

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I did the spyshelter test too, thanks for the suggestion. Here panda fails even more, now it has acces to my webcam too. It catches nothing. Even registry changes etc, everything is done without panda blocking something. Very very bad for Panda.

I have done the spyshelter test in past with Kaspersky. Same with this test, passed all with safe money.
Obviously bad for panda...:(

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Webroot :
Keystroke test allowed but application is under monitoring, in real time it will catch the process accessing net during data transmission.
Webcam test blocked as malware.
2016-01-29 18_58_16-Test (Webroot Secure) [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png 2016-01-29 18_55_47-Test (Webroot Secure) [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
As promised the results
Forticlient:
-When running all of the 4 tests, forticlient blocks the downloads of the zip files.
-When I turned off the web protection component, I could download and run the files. Everything went throught, but the webcam acces was blocked so it only passed that test, but of course, I wasn't even able to get the files without exclusion, so actually forticlient did not that bad (although these are not real malwares and just for test purposes).

I though I also got a Virtual machine with Vipre Internet security, but it doesn't seem to work as it should anymore (I've done a bit too much testing with that vm, so I'll try it later again, if I have more time, i'll see.

@shukla44 I installed Bitdefender on my VM, but I wasn't able to log in with my bitdefender account for some reason, so I wasn't able to test it with Bitdefender Internet security. I even created a new account, but that also didn't work. I don't know why exactly, but maybe another member can test it for you.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Both Qihoo 360 TS and HMP.A fail at the Keylogger Test, as well as at the ScreenLogger Test.
ClipBoardLogger does not work for me.

Both Qihoo 360 TS (webcam protection enabled - default at Security Mode) and HMP.A suceed at the Webcam test.

Nice find @omidomi :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 2016-01-29.png
    2016-01-29.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Unbenannt2.JPG
    Unbenannt2.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 321

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.