Advanced Security tharunnamboothiri's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Oct 5, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
NA
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Never notify (disabled)
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Default GENEXIS router provided by my ISP (ASIANET)
Real-time protection
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Device firewall
Other - Next-generation Firewall (NGFW)
Custom security settings
I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus combined with FORT FIREWALL. Have UAC, SMART APP CONTROL and BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION disabled due to personal reasons, although I DON'T recommend anyone try it unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Periodic malware scanners
Bi weekly scans using ESET NOD32 antivirus and MALWAREBYTE'S ANTIMALWARE
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
Previously I have been testing but for personal reasons, I am NOT currently a malware tester.
Browsers and extensions
BRAVE with uBlock origin, Internet Download Manager and Bitwarden extensions. Brave has crypto stuff disabled, DNS set to Cloudflare but rest of the configuration is intact.
Secure DNS
Cloudflare
Desktop VPN
Proton VPN (free version)
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden (paid version)
Maintenance tools
CCLEANER (with internet access blocked and all the files except the CCleaner64.exe removed), PRIVAZER (paid version), IOBIT DRIVER BOOSTER (paid version), ADVANCED SYSTEMCARE (giveaway version with internet access blocked), GLARY UTILITIES (giveaway version with internet access blocked)
File and photo backups
None (Manual offline backups only)
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Custom EMERGENCY DISK iso made by me with complete system configuration inbuilt.
Usage and exposure
    • Browsing the dark web
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
Computer specs
Model: DELL Latitude 5290
Storage: 256GB nVME
RAM: 12GB DDR4 clocked at 3200Mhz
GPU: Intel Core i5 7300U
Notable changes
NA
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

I would avoid "maintenance" tools.
Or at least in using so many? Windows defrag, Windows Disk cleanup, occasionally cleaning out the temp/%temp% folders (Windows Run) and manually cleaning browser History etc. (I don't have them set to auto clean on browser exit) is where I'm at. Am I missing anything else? Not to hijack a members PC Setup Configuration thread, but just in case it's helpful :)
 
Or at least in using so many? Windows defrag, Windows Disk cleanup, occasionally cleaning out the temp/%temp% folders (Windows Run) and manually cleaning browser History etc. (I don't have them set to auto clean on browser exit) is where I'm at. Am I missing anything else? Not to hijack a members PC Setup Configuration thread, but just in case it's helpful :)
I know bro, but for many personal reasons, I need to have them! I have ensured that those crap don't connect to internet in any ways though
 
Ah the nice latitude of old days
Never forget what they took from us.
https://x.com/IntCyberDigest/status/2018828258658406698/photo/1
1770188067038.png
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top