Which (If any) Disk Imaging Software do you use?

• Total voters

Alexhousek

Level 1
I recommend to buy an external HDD. It can be really useful. Not only for backups but for storing less used files there as well.
I'd even recommend a second external HDD to backup your first external HDD. From personal experience, I had my external HDD fail and I lost all my files and my image backups. Fortunately, I also backup my files online; so, I only lost all my image backups.

paulderdash

Level 4
I'd even recommend a second external HDD to backup your first external HDD. From personal experience, I had my external HDD fail and I lost all my files and my image backups. Fortunately, I also backup my files online; so, I only lost all my image backups.
:eek:(y) Agreed.

Reactions: BryanB

StriderHunterX

Level 4
Verified
Spoken like a true paranoid....and I’m behind you all the way.

People say it’s costly getting 2 or more External HDD’s.....Costly is losing your most important stuff and have no way to get it back.

Last edited:

Slyguy

Level 42
Verified
I am increasingly moving to no-image solutions.

Keeping important things in an encrypted cloud (Sync), not worrying about non-important things, and just wiping the machine if needed. I generally wipe my machines every 6 months anyway. I have almost zero need for image level backups anymore.

Why backup, when you can just sync to the cloud in a highly secure system like Sync.com?

Reactions: BryanB

Lula Green

I used Windows backup and restore before, and recently changed to MiniTool ShadowMaker, which is easy to use and hasn't failed so far.

BryanB

Level 17
Verified
And to me, that alone is a tragedy.

Reactions: upnorth