Advice Request The Best Disk Imaging Software

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which (If any) Disk Imaging Software do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
I recommend to buy an external HDD. It can be really useful. Not only for backups but for storing less used files there as well.

I'd even recommend a second external HDD to backup your first external HDD. From personal experience, I had my external HDD fail and I lost all my files and my image backups. Fortunately, I also backup my files online; so, I only lost all my image backups.

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'd even recommend a second external HDD to backup your first external HDD. From personal experience, I had my external HDD fail and I lost all my files and my image backups. Fortunately, I also backup my files online; so, I only lost all my image backups.
:eek:(y) Agreed.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015

Spoken like a true paranoid....and I’m behind you all the way.

People say it’s costly getting 2 or more External HDD’s.....Costly is losing your most important stuff and have no way to get it back.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I am increasingly moving to no-image solutions.

Keeping important things in an encrypted cloud (Sync), not worrying about non-important things, and just wiping the machine if needed. I generally wipe my machines every 6 months anyway. I have almost zero need for image level backups anymore.

Why backup, when you can just sync to the cloud in a highly secure system like Sync.com?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Lula Green

May 15, 2018
I used Windows backup and restore before, and recently changed to MiniTool ShadowMaker, which is easy to use and hasn't failed so far.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
And to me, that alone is a tragedy.

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.