The Best File Archive Utility for Windows, WinRAR vs WinZIP?

Which is your choose?

• Winrar v5.20

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Winzip 19 Pro

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

PeaZip is nothing more than a front-end (GUI) for 7-zip...it also adds more features to 7-zip.

So if you're using PeaZip, then all the archiving and encryption is performed by 7-zip.

If you are inclined, PeaZip also offers a command line console.

I use PeaZip as it is fully featured and for whatever reason(s), 7-zip just plain gave me a hard time on my system. Couldn't figure that one out...but what the heck...PeaZip works rather well!

Finally, if you install PeaZip after installing certain supported AV, then you can scan within the archive before extracting it using the PeaZip archive browser. Can be quite a handy little feature.

For a list of supported AV you have to go to the PeaZip Source Forge page and select "Security." FYI, there is a bug and I've reported it to the developer...currently, PeaZip is only detecting Windows Defender on my W8.1 system, but it may be completely different on another system. So, in other words, you have to try it.

IMPORTANT!: Again, PeaZip has to be installed after the supported AV.

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.