The best horror movie!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Rarely any horror movie can scare me now, as I've watched them so many. But when I was younger I was terrified by The Grudge and The Ring.
REC (Spanish horror movie) is intense and really scary from movies made in last 10 Years...

Now I am more into psychological horror movies or psychological thrillers, like Jacob's Ladder, Silent Hill, Saw, 1408. Dead Silence...

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
wow finally a tread that represents me and my all time favorite past time : horror movies! the two horror movie that gave me the heebiejeebies where the original piranha ( 1976 ) I did not dare to take a bath or take a shower without my mother watching over me , I was a very young boy back then. ;) but the worst had to be the original friday the 13th ( 1980 ) me and my best friend watched the movie while we where both 8 , despite our parents advise not to do it! I had nightmares for over a year! that scene where pamela voorhees cuts trough the wooden door where alice is hiding with a machette and the look on mrs voorhees face when she has done so still gives me goosebumps , but now with pure joy! :D I do not like modern day horror movies because they are so lame and boring , the 80s erra is way better!!!! ;)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
wow finally a tread that represents me and my all time favorite past time : horror movies! the two horror movie that gave me the heebiejeebies where the original piranha ( 1976 ) I did not dare to take a bath or take a shower without my mother watching over me , I was a very young boy back then. ;) but the worst had to be the original friday the 13th ( 1980 ) me and my best friend watched the movie while we where both 8 , despite our parents advise not to do it! I had nightmares for over a year! that scene where pamela voorhees cuts trough the wooden door where alice is hiding with a machette and the look on mrs voorhees face when she has done so still gives me goosebumps , but now with pure joy! :D I do not like modern day horror movies because they are so lame and boring , the 80s erra is way better!!!! ;)
Roh, looking at your avatar, I thought you would have said "HellRaiser"

I loved "The thing" :D

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
There are many horror movies i like, Exorcist,Hellraiser,Friday the 13th and many others.
But the one that gave me the crips was Nightmare on Elm Street. Very good movie "just don't go to sleep" hahahaha:D

I am sure i will remember more and tell you about them.
@LabZero nice thread you have started;)

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I have to say most of my favourite horror movies are before the 90’s and very few after it. Even though am just 27 and belong to the “new generation”, those movies are the ones that can actually be classified as horror for me. The atmosphere, the soundtrack, and the sense of dread never seem to escape my thoughts even today.

But now horror movies are all about jump scares & shiny visual effects with weak plots and forgettable stories. Most of them now are reboots and sequels with nothing new to offer. Here's my favorite 12 [i might have forgotten a few]
  • The Shining (1980)
  • The Exorcist (1973)
  • Alien (1979)
  • Halloween (1978)
  • The Thing (1982)
  • Suspiria (1977)
  • Let The Right One In (2008) Swedish version
  • The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
  • Jaws (1975)
  • Poltergeist (1982)
  • Psycho (1960)

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
My fav has always been Frankenstein.
untitled.png

hedoc

Level 1
Verified
Sep 10, 2016
Rarely any horror movie can scare me now, as I've watched them so many. But when I was younger I was terrified by The Grudge and The Ring.
REC (Spanish horror movie) is intense and really scary from movies made in last 10 Years...

Now I am more into psychological horror movies or psychological thrillers, like Jacob's Ladder, Silent Hill, Saw, 1408. Dead Silence...

@BoraMurdar do not forget the classic Hannibal!

@BoraMurdar do not forget the classic Hannibal!

Ops... I mean Silence of the Lambs

Last edited by a moderator:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I can't believe that you did not start this thread it is right up your alley. :D The Exorcist gets my vote it scared the the pants off me when i was 15 years old. :eek:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The Exorcist and the uncut version.Still rather disturbing after all these years.
A House of 1,000 Corpses is a close second.
The Rob Zombie film "31" might give House of 1,000 corpses a run for it's money.The release keeps getting pushed back because he cannot get an R rating.I have seen snippets of the uncut screener and it is pretty brutal.
By far the most disturbing movie I have ever seen and not really a Horror flick is "A Serbian Film" with an NC17 rating and banned in 19 countries you will never be the same after viewing this film.This film is not for those under the age of 18 or those who are easily offended.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
By far the most disturbing movie I have ever seen and not really a Horror flick is "A Serbian Film" with an NC17 rating and banned in 19 countries you will never be the same after viewing this film.This film is not for those under the age of 18 or those who are easily offended.
Yes, probably one of the most disturbing films I've watched, and I wish I did't. Movie should have 0 positive critic in my opinion as it passes the border of artist's (director's) expression, or even a metaphor of character's interaction

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.