The Best Internet Suites for Me.. Maybe You Too.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Well I switched over to a clean install of Win 10. Then I added all my fav software and after that was done I made 2 BU's one with AX64TM Version 1....The other was made with Macrium reflect.

Then I installed the following IS Suites to test their speed and compatibility with my hardware. My hardware is listed at the bottom so if you have the same setup this may help you too.

I always restored my backup before installing the next suite to test. I'll list the fastest ones first.

They were all set at default but Avast was a limited (custom) install with none of the extras.

1). AVG IS 2016
2). Avast Premium 2016
3). Kaspersky IS 2016 (Latest one, the 2016 version when it first went retail brought my PC to a standstill slowed everything way down).
4). Trend Micro IS V 10

CPU
Intel Core i7 4820K @ 3.70GHz 25 °C
Ivy Bridge-E 22nm Technology

RAM
G Skill F-3 1866 32.0GB DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK SABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) 43 °C

Graphics
MX279 (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (EVGA) 31 °C

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) 26 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) 28 °C
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 33 °C

Optical Drives
ASUS BC-12B1ST

Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deleted member 2913
A

Alkajak

Thread author
How long did you test each product? What kind of tests did you perform with each product to determine which was fastest overall?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
How long did you test each product? What kind of tests did you perform with each product to determine which was fastest overall?

Well basically this was not scientific. But if you spend as much time with your PC as I do, you get the feel for how it acts and how it responds.

So after some surfing, opening apps and gaming a little I was able to see a difference between the suites I tried.

I decided to go with Avast and used Jacks guide for security... Avast because of their new updating model, similar to MS Win 10.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Even though I never use Mac computers, but you may try and test Avira where the performance stability is tolerable and well-optimized according to some users around.

Uhhhh What?

This post has nothing to do with Mac and I don't really understand your English either... Sorry.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Even though I never use Mac computers, but you may try and test Avira where the performance stability is tolerable and well-optimized according to some users around.

are you drunk James or you posted on the wrong thread? :p

Reactions: XhenEd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Umbra @Rod McCarthy: Well it is a human error sorry about that.

Suffered from sleepiness that time when I've written the post.

-------------------------------------------------

As I read the OP thread for another time, then for me it will be Trend Micro and Norton Security; because both products are literally light in footprint and components does not necessarily consume resources.

Sometimes the more components added on such security program, it must be thoroughly adjusted so that protection and stability will be equalize.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
You've got 32 GB RAM, i7 4820K @ 3.70GHz, and a 465GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, and Kaspersky IS brought your PC to a standstill, slowed everything way down?

I'm dumbfounded. I would think those specs ought to be able to handle with ease any program or combination of programs under the sun :confused:

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You've got 32 GB RAM, i7 4820K @ 3.70GHz, and a 465GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, and Kaspersky IS brought your PC to a standstill, slowed everything way down?

mCeR4Lsm.jpg

:D

im surprised too, with those specs , i could run the ultimate fortress, that will overthrow KIS far away.

Reactions: conceptualclarity
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author

I'm dumbfounded. I would think those specs ought to be able to handle with ease any program or combination of programs under the sun :confused:

I know it sounds weird, but a few months later, with the same install, I installed kaspersky again, but it was a newer version of 2016 and it was fast as could be. But the previous version months prior it was so slow I had to use something else

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.