Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
hotwareThe biggest risk with Windows? LOLBINS—the vulnerable hotties that malware seduces to lure Webroot, Malwarebytes, and ESET to throw a wild party!![]()
The link you provided is a breakdown of Pointer Authentication (PAC) on ARM64, not a validation of your confused registry hacks. You are conflating Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with Windows Defender Exploit Guard (WDEG).You can literally add WDAC exceptions via ImageFileExecutionOptions.
![]()
Windows ARM64 Internals: Deconstructing Pointer Authentication | Origin Technology
Windows on ARM64 implements Pointer Authentication (PAC) using only key B for instruction pointers, with keys in APIBKey registers and HVCI guarding enablement.www.originhq.com
Hotware—the proven performance pill for malware—to fight Webroot, Malwarebytes, and ESET!hotware
No matter which default deny the user selects, using any of them at maximum settings does not "conflict" with any AV.Thanks for the reply. In my case, I'd tend towards DefenderUI. I'm familiar with its, IMO, more user friendly, informative layout, and would do a little more research of selective options to enable, other than maximum setting across the board. (to possibly not conflict or hinder F-Secure's protection or cause possible pop-ups etc. out of nowhere)
It's not Microsoft's fault. It's people like you who are at fault. It is users that created the entire security problem in the first place.Then it's MS fault.
Apple did a better job locking its system down and it provides better overall security out of the box.
MS created a vulnerable OS and users are blamed for it.
Not everyone has the time or the knowledge to study OS architecture to harden it. Most people buy a PC to use.
No one in their right mind would expect a teacher, a linguist or a graphic designer to spend days studying the OS architecture because MS failed to create a secure system out of the box. And here I am not talking about corporate and business users (which btw they hire people to secure their systems)
@Victor M , thanks for taking the time to explain everything in such detail. It’s clear you know the topic very well, and I’ll keep your advice in mind because it always helps to listen to those who know more.From a more basic user’s point of view, I rely on simple things: for example, I use Acronis True Image for my backups, and it gives me peace of mind knowing I have a fallback if something goes wrong.In the end, I think those small layers of prevention make the difference. When I said “cheap prevention is better than expensive recovery”, I didn’t mean money, but rather the time and hassle it brings. Sorry if I don’t always find the right words in the forum’s language.Recovery doesn't have to be expensive.
It is easier to determine where you physically reside and work, along with aerial imaging.Do your research; do not be lazy.
Yep; RussiaIt is easier to determine where you physically reside and work, along with aerial imaging.
Data analysis suggests that you do not live in Egypt and neither does the other Egyptian Magician here at MT. The stochastics show a high probability of the EU.
Good if not perfect advice, everyone should try H_C then study what is blocked. It's almost impossible to get around, you can't pwn what you can't access.Use Hard_Configurator and set everything to maximum protection. Read the Manual. Study it. Learn it.
You praise Apple for "locking its system down" better. Do you understand how they do it?
MacOS is safer "out of the box" because it aggressively blocks you from running software that Apple hasn't personally blessed (Gatekeeper). On iOS, you literally cannot install software outside their store without jailbreaking.
Microsoft allows you to run code from 1995, code written by a teenager in a basement, and code that modifies the kernel. This backward compatibility and openness is the entire reason Windows owns the market.
You want the freedom of Windows (install anything) with the safety of Apple (install only approved things). You cannot have both. If Microsoft locked down Windows like Apple does, you would be the first to scream about "Monopoly" and "Freedom."
You argue that teachers and graphic designers shouldn't have to study architecture. They don't.
Microsoft gave you the solution. It is called the Standard User Account.
It takes exactly 30 seconds to set up. You create the account once. That is not "days of study." That is basic appliance maintenance, like cleaning the lint trap in your dryer.
Refusing to spend 30 seconds to click "Create Account" because "Microsoft should have done it" is not a valid defense. It is laziness masquerading as victimhood.
People like me live in peace without self-centrism and without attention seeking. I'm not defending anything like a fanboy and I am not acting like a smarty pants.It's not Microsoft's fault. It's people like you who are at fault. It is users that created the entire security problem in the first place.
Apple defies users and their "Users want to use stuff" and then what happens? Apple gets sued to allow "Users to use stuff" and break its protections.
When Microsoft has tried to make Windows far more secure, each and every time home users have caused the company to abandon its efforts.
We both live in peace inlive in peace
You’ve been exposed, stop posing!His brilliance in determining my location is one of its kind![]()
Free Kaspersky keys for everyoneYou’ve been exposed, stop posing!
@rashmi stop projecting already onto system directories.
I am tired of your projections.
The kernel has written a grievance. Suspend your kernel violations at once.
View attachment 294812
Russia is not EU.Yep; Russia
A persistent enemy is going to find a way to get around anything, eventually - even air-gapped. You know this, but to talk about it here it just turns into the trite answers "Home users are not targeted like that." It's their systems, their money, their lives and I could care less what happens to them.Not saying a persistent attacker can't get you but why make it easy?
Nobody said you did anything wrong. You're entitled to believe and think as you wish, however what you believe and think is not part of global reality.People like me live in peace without self-centrism and without attention seeking. I'm not defending anything like a fanboy and I am not acting like a smarty pants.
I pointed out sth and I stand by it and I am entitled to express my opinion and I know how exactly to reply to creatures like you.
This is the internet. It is social media. It is called "entertainment" and everybody loves it.Love the thread, love the civility. I have nothing more to add besides saying that this thread was so good that you bastards made me get my glasses.
| Feature | Who is responsible? | Why? |
| Code Bugs | User (At your own risk) | Avoids bankrupting the company over one error. |
| System Security | User | Microsoft cannot control your passwords or physical access. |
| Data Backups | User | Storage is local/private; Microsoft has no "custody" of it. |
| Initial Licensing | Microsoft | They must prove they have the right to sell you the code. |
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes