Thanks for sharing your config :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your configuration, and we are happy your system is now infection free!:) "Always Notify" is my favorite UAC setting.;) *Thumbs up*
I second each of exterminator20's recommendations (he does impart wisdom!).:D
..wait a minute, ..how come I do not have :eek:Privazer yet?!:rolleyes: Lol!!:p
Update:
Why AVG ? does it really have good protection ?
unsure.png
the last time i used AVG, it screwed up my PC
wacko.png
I remember AVG. Some members love it :) while others... well, ..do not.:mad: AVG has on occasion been spoken of as being heavy on resources, although it has been nearly a lifetime (for some of us) since the Free version protected our Windows system shoulder to software shoulder beside Spybot Search & destroy.:p AVG was the first recognizable antivirus name, as well as Avast!, that was neither Norton nor McAffee which we'd adopted & used back in the age of Windows 98!o_O
PS @software182 , your smileys are very cool!!:cool:
So instead of AVG....?

Because tbh, I also think it is rather lacking....
There are many to choose among the free AVs out there.:) Two names immediately come to mind, Avast! & Quihoo Internet Security. I'm using Avast, and like it. You should browse through some of the threads here to get a clearer Idea of what you'd like to try.:)
Just out of curiosity, before I do add them, what is it that they exactly do?
  1. HTTPS Everywhere | Electronic Frontier Foundation
  2. CCleaner http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/CCleaner.shtml (There's also a portable version which extracts onto an external USB flash drive that I use and recommend!)
  3. Privazer http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Security/Secure-cleaning/Portable-PrivaZer.shtml
Edit: And what would be a good way to backup? I know I have ASUS WebStorage, but I've never really used it...
There are lots of helpful threads here which include impressions & members' opinions of how to go about saving your valuable pictures and documents, and also the software available than can assist you in capturing an image of your operating system. You might already have an installation disc which may have been included when your computer was new. This may seem the least interesting of all the things to consider,o_O but it is also the most effective insurance should your computer system become:eek: lost because of any number of reasons.;)

Last edited:

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
Why AVG ? does it really have good protection ?
unsure.png
the last time i used AVG, it screwed up my PC
wacko.png

Zexx

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
So instead of AVG....?

Because tbh, I also think it is rather lacking....

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Thanks 4 sharing your configuration buddy, i agree with @ exterminator20 about of use Ccleaner or Privazer and about of use too FF extensions HTTPS Everywhere and some backup solution. Greetz! :D

Zexx

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Definitely consider some type of backup solution
I would suggest adding FF extensions HTTPS Everywhere
Might consider using Sandboxie
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Just out of curiosity, before I do add them, what is it that they exactly do?

Edit: And what would be a good way to backup? I know I have ASUS WebStorage, but I've never really used it...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.