Not open for further replies.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Conspiracy theories are nothing new, but in the age of the internet, they spread like “chemtrails” in the wind. The theory that the world is flat, for example, gained so much popularity online that this year 500 people gathered for the first ever International Flat Earth Conference. The belief that the world is flat has kind of been around forever, but it picked up steam in 2015 with a rash of online communities, YouTube videos, podcasts, and even songs preaching the gospel. At some point, Kyrie Irving of the Boston Celtics started talking about it too, which really seemed to blow the lid off the heliocentric model. So, the time was right for the Flat Earth International Conference, the first of its kind, held at the beginning of November outside of Raleigh, NC. Sold out since May, the conference brought together hundreds of people who had before only really interacted online. It was an opportunity for believers to network, share research, meet thought leaders, find a flat-earth compatible mate, show off various NASA parody t-shirts, and talk crap about Neil deGrasse Tyson.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
ダウンロード.jpg

It may be a hometown of @JM Security :)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I don't understand how people could believe the Earth is flat when in the space we saw it is clearly a sphere.
Flat-Earthers believe that all images and videos of Earth being round are fake.
My question is: What benefit would there be in deceiving humanity into believing the Earth is round?

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Personally, I do not believe that Earth is flat, but I could not prove it to the opponent - the beliefs are stronger than arguments.
Most people who think that Earth is round, believe in what other people said or reported. If the opinions from many sources are consistent, then we tend to believe in them.
So, people who believe that Earth is flat are not stupid, but simply very suspicious. Also, people who belive that Earth is round, are not automatically wiser - they are simply less suspicious to the opinions of other people (especially scientists).
But sometimes scientists can be wrong, for example:
  1. Many scientists claim that God does not exist, but in fact such statement cannot be scientifically proved/disproved.
  2. Most people believe from the school, that the right point of view is Earth moving around the Sun. But in fact, the point of view that the Sun moves around the Earth is as much good (in General Relativity).
  3. Most people think that if something is true, then it can be proved, especially in the mathematics. Unfortunately the opposite is true for most of the mathematics (Gödel's incompleteness theorems).
It is very probable to me that over 5 per 10 people could change their mind if everybody around would start claiming that the new research has proved that Earth is flat.

Twisted Bot.:alien::giggle:(y)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I don't understand how people could believe the Earth is flat when in the space we saw it is clearly a sphere.
I did not know, that you were in space. :D

Considering how easily can even a live video be manipulated, you can not trust anything these days. Many people doubt the moon landing and it goes well with this theory, since if there is no space, it makes perfect sense. Scientists found a computer code within us, so we might live in a simulation and so on, we could go like this forever. The point is, it does not matter, if the Earth is a cube, it will not make our life easier, but people are always looking for something, that separates us. People bicker about food, religion, politics, etc. We should just tolerate each other.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
People are free to believe in what they want .. But another thing is reality.(y)
Yes, the reality is an interesting concept.
But, there is no proof that reality exists - in fact many scientists can argue that even the physical world has no objective meaning (especially in Quantun Physics). There are also many scientists who believe that the world we can feel and see is in fact a creation of our minds. So, what is the reality???:unsure:
If it exists, then can be also very strange and very different from the reality in our minds.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Yes, the reality is an interesting concept.
But, there is no proof that reality exists - in fact many scientists can argue that even the physical world has no objective meaning (especially in Quantun Physics). There are also many scientists who believe that the world we feel and see is in fact a creation of our minds. So, what is the reality???:unsure:
Reality is the most logical.:p

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I remember reading in my Physics class and also my professor said, huge spherical object does feel flat to smaller things example Humans.
Even there's some Laws of electrostatics where Gauss says similar stuff but here it refers to static charges occupying a spherical object.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Don't believe me, try it yourself. ;)

Forgot to also mention this as it will automatic help understand the mathematic behind the tool. Earth curvature refraction experiments - debunking flat/concave Earth
This tool assumes many things which are not true (radius of the Earth, weather conditions, Earth shape). Furthermore, the effect can be explained much simpler by the local surface roughness - we know that Earth is only average flat (there are exists mountains and valleys).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.