The fastest antivirus scan speed?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

fastest: emsisoft, zemana, Hitmanpro (but slow upload speed), malwarebytes 3, immunet
slowest: kaspersky, dr.web, panda, secureaplus, norton, microsoft, avast/AVG (due to cloud upload)

Panda is slow? I tested it's 'basic' scan to be between 50-80 seconds.

Reactions: AtlBo and bribon77

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Panda is slow? I tested it's 'basic' scan to be between 50-80 seconds.
I scanned it using a folder of 660 samples. After 2 hours, only >200 files were scanned and neutralized. I must have stopped the test
It might be fast if there is no active infection but if there is, the upload speed is unbearable

I'm living in asia with a slow internet connection but panda is has the slowest upload speed for me
zemana took <15 minutes with 660 samples

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
fastest: emsisoft, zemana, Hitmanpro (but slow upload speed), malwarebytes 3, immunet
slowest: kaspersky, dr.web, panda, secureaplus, norton, microsoft, avast/AVG (due to cloud upload)

Curious how Bitdefender is. Seems it should be great. I guess this depends on settings too like with deep heuristics etc. I believe Avast with the cloud and its settings could be set so it takes a week to complete a scan.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
I recently installed Dr.Web and it's very very fast... even faster than Zemana (Antilogger).
I agree with the others in your list of the slowest... Panda, Avast, Norton are sloooowwww :s

virusblocker101

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Kaspersky Total Security 251,094 files/objects scanned in around 8 minutes. Aggressive full scan. It all depends on your PC, but I would be concerned if it were too fast.

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.