App Review The fight in protection of the navigators !

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to this test!
The goal is to see which Internet browser effectively protects our browsing against phishing and malicious downloads.
So I tested the 3 most used browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome), and 3 browsers coming from private companies (Avast, Comodo, Yandex) .
The result will surprise you....

Yandex : 0 phishing blocked / 0 malware blocked
COMODO Dragon : 1 Phishing blocked / 0 malware blocked
Microsoft Edge : 1 Phishing blocked / 4 malware blocked
Google Chrome : 0 Phishing blocked / All malware's blocked
Mozilla Firefox : 4 Phishing blocked / 7 malware blocked
Avast Secure Browser : All Phishing's blocked / All malware's blocked

Winner : Avast Secure Browser

@Zorro request

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Apparently Comodo completely stopped investing serious efforts in the development of its browser. Yandex specializes more in the protection against phishing and malicious sites in the Russian Internet segment, so such a result. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge worked out poorly enough, Firefox - medium. Avast is fine.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Apparently Comodo completely stopped investing serious efforts in the development of its browser. Yandex specializes more in the protection against phishing and malicious sites in the Russian Internet segment, so such a result. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge worked out poorly enough, Firefox - medium. Avast is fine.
Comodo Dragon is one of Comodo's products they actually update regularly but just mainly Chromium base albeit behind the curve in releases. I don't know how often their DNS is updated but it's only IPV4 and browser addon now only on chrome and not updated since 2020. I wait with baited breath with regards to which browser I'll use when V3 comes out but Edge integrates with my setup best.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Comodo suffers from attention deficit disorder. Their firewall is an exception, and has been maintained until lately. Now, I'm not sure they're doing anything with it.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
interesting result in comparison to PC Channel video
where Edge came out on top ahead of Chrome & Firefox. That result made me "feel good" as I had recently made Edge my default browser over the past few weeks, concluding that it worked the best on my system (or my imagination). Now, do I have to rethink that, and install Avast browser?? I notice no one of the first 11 replies stated that they use Avast and like it. Avast had other issues right in reference to @Jan Willy's post?

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
interesting result in comparison to PC Channel video
where Edge came out on top ahead of Chrome & Firefox. That result made me "feel good" as I had recently made Edge my default browser over the past few weeks, concluding that it worked the best on my system (or my imagination). Now, do I have to rethink that, and install Avast browser?? I notice no one of the first 11 replies stated that they use Avast and like it. Avast had other issues right in reference to @Jan Willy's post?

Avast had been accused of spying with their firm Jumpshot in 2020.
When this came to light, it caused a big drama and Avast shut down their company while apologizing.

Since no charges were found in 2022, I consider this resolved. :)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Avast had been accused of spying with their firm Jumpshot in 2020.
When this came to light, it caused a big drama and Avast shut down their company while apologizing.

Since no charges were found in 2022, I consider this resolved. :)

Thanks for the info & links. I had vaguely heard something about this, but I had stepped away from MT for about 2 years (busy doing something else)

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Hello and welcome to this test!
The goal is to see which Internet browser effectively protects our browsing against phishing and malicious downloads.
So I tested the 3 most used browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome), and 3 browsers coming from private companies (Avast, Comodo, Yandex) .
The result will surprise you....

Yandex : 0 phishing blocked / 0 malware blocked
COMODO Dragon : 1 Phishing blocked / 0 malware blocked
Microsoft Edge : 1 Phishing blocked / 4 malware blocked
Google Chrome : 0 Phishing blocked / All malware's blocked
Mozilla Firefox : 4 Phishing blocked / 7 malware blocked
Avast Secure Browser : All Phishing's blocked / All malware's blocked

Winner : Avast Secure Browser

@Zorro request

@Shadowra I like your desk setup! (P.S. Stay away from Banks in British Columbia)
ZZ57E5A96F-1751898417.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I revisited this thread today, 21 Dec, and decided to download the avast browser, but my ESET blocked it from downloading. I think I had read that before somewhere,, but did not see it mentioned in this thread, fwiw.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.