Not open for further replies.

userone

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
Hi all,
Please forgive me for another similar topic

After the vote has been cast, please write a few words why you voted on this and not another. The system on which it will be used softwares is a windows 7 pro 64bit.
Ps.Please do not write the type of texts "I voted for this because I use it" etc. I care about the answers that will bring something to the topic

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
I

illumination

This has already been done, but to better answer your own question with a question, would be to ask why you do not just try each one on your system and see how each effect your system, uses, and knowledge.

Giannis

Level 2
Verified
Oct 27, 2014
EIS here.

Fast scans (quick scan 15 seconds, malware scan 2 minutes, full scan 15 minutes on my machine), very low system impact, low memory usage, respects your privacy, excellent customer support (both forum and ticket support), top notch behavior blocker, great detection ratings (99,7% at September's test), easy to use firewall, no bloatware, no addons, no complicating settings, regular software updates from the development team.

Definitely a security solution that deserves way much more customers than it has now. It's amazing how such a small company with not that many employees and developers like others (eg. Norton) have has managed to do so much.

Just felt like posting the resource usage of EIS on my machine.

iZK2H1Z.png

Last edited:

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I vote for ESET because right now Emsisoft is super duper buggy and they haven't announce when they are going to fix. I do get in touch with one of their Emsisoft staff and he state it would take a month to solve, which is ridiculous for us pay users have to wait for that long. Emsisoft lost my reputation this time.

Lymphocyte

Level 2
Verified
Jul 22, 2014
I think that the best is Emsisoft. I´m using Emsisoft Anti-Malware and is the BEST antivirus ever, very good database, it not makes your PC like a turtle, one of the best behavior bloquers and is easy to use.

I

illumination

I checked both
My experience in terms of safety is small and for me the two programs are similar, and for that reason I started this topic :)
You have a lot of replies already of "im using, this is the best" does this seriously help you determine what is best for your uses, and your system? If you have tried them both, make a determination. A couple hours is not enough, i suggest running the trial of each for at least a week or two, and see how they fit, both are configurable.

userone

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
I tested the EIS 10 for 30 day free trial and the ESS 9 I use from the moment he appeared in the final version. Only you see in my case the word "tested" is too much to say because I'm from a group of people... install and forget, but I think I need to change this approach

I

illumination

install and forget, but I think I need to change this approach

From what im gathering from you, it sounds as if you need a direction to start. Starting with something that takes much time to learn, such as advanced features of a product, which also requires knowledge of your system and software does not sound like what you need at this time, you should focus on the one thing many that set and forget do not focus on, and that is your user habits. Once a user learns safe habits, they can get by with minimum security.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Both ESS 9 and EIS 10 run very well on a Windows 7 64 bit system.I have used both a different times.
One thing to consider is if you use Oracle Virtual box there is a conflict with EIS.Since I have not used it in a while I am not sure if this was ever fixed.
Both are pretty straight forward out of the box and provide very good protection with default settings.
Both can be tweaked also but until you learn how to do this either one will provide you with good protection.
I have found ESS to be a bit better on protection and a more feature rich suite.Although I do not use all the features the tools are there.
ESS 9 runs very light even on a machine with older hardware.I would have to give ESS the advantage here.
Depending on the scan and your system configuration(files,drives,et.) scan times vary but it has been my experience that EIS is a bit faster.This however is really not a deciding factor to me.
ESS would probably get my vote as a more user friendly program
Virus signature database updates seem to me to be faster and less frequent on ESS than EIS.
If I was to recommend or install a Security Suite on a basic home users machine I would recommend and or install ESS or EAV with Windows firewall.
As far as customer support Emsisoft edges out ESET only because it is hard to find the kind of customer support Emsisoft provides pretty much anywhere in any kind of business.
For the purpose of voting I would have to say ESS 9

Bottom line is both offer 30 day trials and there are also tutorials on this site for tweaking both programs so my advice would be to try them on default settings and learn a bit about tweaking them and try it out with some custom settings and then make a decision.
Once again no security program is full proof and operator error plays a major role in getting infected.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its not a final battle cause both have strong characteristics which makes the user choose based on their preference or comfortable setup.

ESET = Decent protection, engage actively in zero day but holds some limitations observe by users, HIPS, and Sandbox browser.

Emsisoft = least privacy issues, optimal protection + effective and active Behavior Blocker and their Firewall, bind to have some issues on stability.

Reactions: XhenEd
H

hjlbx

I do not mean the official introduction.
I hope to know your own opinion on this new feature.;)

It is needed.

It is not a general script blocker = anti-executable. It will block scripts that trigger the Behavior Blocker... which makes sense since there are legitimate scripts used by safe applications and users.

Emsisoft only integrates features that are essential... so, since they are adding it they must feel compelled to do so.

userone

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
I heard that on the default settings in ESET hips is not the best, is it true?
If so, somewhere in the forum is a topic in which it is shown how to set hips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.