The final build of Windows 8 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
The final build of Windows 8 has leaked to the internet, just a day after Microsoft confirmed it had finished the development cycle for the new operating system. Although MSDN and TechNet customers won't officially receive access to the final Windows 8 bits until August 15th, an Enterprise version of Windows 8 is available widely across various file sharing sites.

The version leaked is an "N" edition of Windows 8 which does not include a bundled copy of Windows Media Player. Microsoft was forced to create the special N editions of Windows after the European Commission ruled in 2004 that it needed to provide a copy of Windows without Windows Media Player tied in. We reached out to Microsoft to comment and the company says it's not discussing the leak.

Source

D

Deleted member 178

they knew it will be leaked, activators are already on the web.

P

Plexx

Leaks are always happening. Was just a matter of a time. N editions are somewhat my favorite to be honest.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
The only problem is the N editions serials dont work on release preview they only work on N edition itself

Bioz anything special that you like about N edition since its ur fav

P

Plexx

loveboy_lion said:
The only problem is the N editions serials dont work on release preview they only work on N edition itself

Bioz anything special that you like about N edition since its ur fav

Simply put, saves me time disabling this:
Windows Media Player 12.
Windows Media Center.
Windows DVD Maker.

No big deal to be honest since I can do it on a normal edition. Not to mention N editions come with the same flavors as the normal editions: Starter, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate.

There are a few setbacks however on N editions but still not enough to impact my usage of the OS.

To note however I am not using N edition on my Laptop. I do however have a N edition lying around somewhere.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I got Windows 7 Upgrades for £40, which can be used as clean installs. It's not too expensive if you're a student.

(Rumor) - There will no Windows 8 retail, so it will be cheaper than Windows 7.
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/137635-no-windows-8-retail/

As for the leaked N version, not really what I'm looking for.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus will be happy about this. Another version of Windows 8. :p

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
As for the leaked N version, not really what I'm looking for.

Hmm, Turns out all 4 editions are leaked Windows 8 Pro (32/64) and Windows 8 Enterprise (32/64) and from what I found, There is 2 non-N editions that do include Windows Media Player 12, Windows Media Center, Windows DVD Maker. (Windows Server 2012 is leaked aswell)

I've been using Windows 8 Enterprise N (64) since the 3rd of August and so far I'm liking it very much (15 second fast boot compared to the 60 seconds on Windows 7 and overall performance is better than 7 including the way it handles RAM), As for Windows Media Player, Doesn't bother me, I basically never used it back on Windows 7, VLC Player all the way :p

Still if I do want the 3 missing programs I could always grab the non-N edition.

I look at this as a great opportunity to trial/preview this OS before even considering buying it when it releases in October.

As for activation, Microsoft was nice enough to include 999 legal re-arms, each re-arm giving 30 days so that's plenty of time to try it out. Downside is it will be in Notification mode, (**Watermark asking to activate on Desktop, You won't be able to change the Start Screen background / *colors / *Login screen picture / User picture unless you activate Windows 8)
* = Can be done using Registry keys hacks.
** = Can be removed using 3rd party program / bat file.

Create another partition and install it to that, Give it a go and see if you like it. Trying Windows 8 in VirtualBox/VMWare does not give you the real experience and fast, smooth performance as it would installed native.

One thing is for sure, If you dislike Metro, You won't like it, End of story. ;)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
Are activator cracks available. Not that I will use them just asking.

Take a read on Neowin and the Update. - http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-rtm-leaked-isos-activations-now-blocked

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
Are activator cracks available. Not that I will use them just asking.

Crack can not be good sometimes becuase once you activate Windows with it, after that you might experience problems.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
Crack can not be good sometimes becuase once you activate Windows with it, after that you might experience problems.

"it's a plane? it's a meteor?" No ! it's Rollback RX :neo:

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I was just asking if a crack was released as before even Vista and 7 acheived final build we had the OEM activator. Windows 8 has secure boot so asked if anybody managed to bypass it to get a OEM style crack?.

V

Vextor

malbky said:
I was just asking if a crack was released as before even Vista and 7 acheived final build we had the OEM activator. Windows 8 has secure boot so asked if anybody managed to bypass it to get a OEM style crack?.

OEM also might have a different activation system.
http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsoft-to-change-windows-8-oem-activation

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
What is a "Secure boot"

And what is "OEM" I only now RTM and Retail. Whats "OEM"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.