Advice Request The Kure

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Code:
https://thekure.com/

Dose Any one here use this software? or hear about it?
which engine dose it use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi omidomi. This was the first I'd heard about "The Kure". As far as the engine I've found the following:

"Just a couple months ago I reviewed an earlier version of The Kure, one that attempted to incorporate an antivirus engine licensed from McAfee. That antivirus integration proved seriously problematic. It just didn't work right. The company went back to the drawing board, eliminating integrated antivirus and focusing on the effective revert-to-safety technology that's at the heart of The Kure. They also made a few fixes and streamlined a number of awkward areas that I pointed out in my earlier review. The latest edition of The Kure is a big improvement."
  • PROS
    On reboot, restores your PC to a clean, malware-free state. Exempts personal folders from being wiped. Ransomware recovery. Live-chat tech support built in.

• CONS
    Malware can act freely until eliminated by reboot. Doesn't handle all types of encrypting ransomware. Doesn't offer 24-hour tech support.

• BOTTOM LINE
    With The Kure, every reboot brings your PC back to a clean, malware-free state. However, for full protection you'll want to pair it with a more traditional antivirus.
Read more: The Kure

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Funny you ask. I actually found out about this software like 3 days ago.

From the info I have seen, it appears to be a software similar to Shadow Defender. Anyone going to the website should see a 30 minute video explaining the product.

My opinion: I have never used it. And probably never will. I will say this though, the site looks ugly kinda like a spam site.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I don't want to judge on the outlook of the website however you can see that something is fishy.

With clear information from PCMag provided by @Cats-4_Owners-2 hence the conclusion already provided.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Sounds like the perfect partner for pcmatic if your a believe the hype type.

Don`t believe the hype.

Regards Eck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.