Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
According to this page: That One Privacy Site | Detailed VPN Comparison Chart its a cooperative of the fourteen eyes. Im reading a lots of webs to see which VPN ill get when my Cyberghost MT key ends and i thinks there are a lot of cheapers (like 50% of their current prize) and better (or at least similar/equal) options, than Protonvpn.
Cool, let us know who you settle on using ;)

Reactions: frogboy and Elpibe

Elpibe

Level 3
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Well, my standars for a VPN couldnt be the same for others... For example according to the web linked before, i filter the VPN list to 14 eyes countrys and out of their juridisction with 0 logs in bandwith and IP, and there are only 8 VPN that match that filters (i didnt find other web like that, so i cant know if its wrong). For me VPN has to be 0 log, CHEAP, private (almost all use the same AES-256) with no leaks and fast... But for example, I have a 30Mb (3mbps) download and 3Mb (300kbps) upload connection, so if the VPN is 2.5+ mbps it is fast for me, but theres ppl with 100 or 200mb speed, so if the vpn have a 5mbps top speed ill never find it, and those ppl can say that same VPN im saying its fast, for them its slow. I dont know if theres a guide here cause i can search the word VPN :D

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have something to share too in keeping honest and keeping things real.
As you may know I beta'd the ProtonMail porton, and am a big fan and supporter, well I was too busy and had just purchased AirVPN so I skip the VPN beta.
Anyway the day of launch, for me it was actually night, I signup fot the acct, I get the passwords for it and the OpenVPN option.
I go to login in the morning and after entering my info I get a page that's a congrats type of page telling me that I am now on a waiting list and this was after receiving my acct and setup details. Not only did they implement a waiting list early the next day, but they erased or deleted all the free user accounts that were created early after the launch of the service. you should have seen the email I sent.
No way will I give them a penny due to that type of shady behavior. AirVPN has no worries thanks to ProtonMail's BS business practices.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
This speed scale they used is meant for people with an iq on single digits or what? Speed: High and Speed: Highest
What kind of idiot thought of this? So this -est added at the end of the word that doesn't give me a single info on what each speed will be to see if it makes sense for my connection speed cost me 100% more. Then they have devices limit that are again weird and based on price it's not the cheapest but you are actually kinda forced to get the $8 version to have the high speed. No lower limit of speed, no server usage, no nothing. You just have to close your eyes and believe they will not oversell or buy bad connection.
I will pass... If i wanted to close my eyes and pick i would have gone with the green popular company which is actually a lot more clear believe it or not.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I have something to share too in keeping honest and keeping things real.
As you may know I beta'd the ProtonMail porton, and am a big fan and supporter, well I was too busy and had just purchased AirVPN so I skip the VPN beta.
Anyway the day of launch, for me it was actually night, I signup fot the acct, I get the passwords for it and the OpenVPN option.
I go to login in the morning and after entering my info I get a page that's a congrats type of page telling me that I am now on a waiting list and this was after receiving my acct and setup details. Not only did they implement a waiting list early the next day, but they erased or deleted all the free user accounts that were created early after the launch of the service. you should have seen the email I sent.
No way will I give them a penny due to that type of shady behavior. AirVPN has no worries thanks to ProtonMail's BS business practices.

@_CyberGhosT_
Thank you for being frank .... it counts for a lot .

Like yourself , I had a lot of faith in Protonmail from the start .
Their ethical position on privacy and security , business model , and geographic location ticked a lot of the right boxes for me .

This waiting list thing reminds me of the original email service .... I had to wait to get my account back then .
I applied for their VPN from the link in the email account => result ? - put on waiting list .
Just out of curiosity , I applied as a total stranger a few days later , from a different IP => result ? - put on waiting list .

What does that look like ?
Shabby , that's what ....
....with no preference for existing email users and supporters .
I'm disappointed .

..... If i wanted to close my eyes and pick i would have gone with the green popular company which is actually a lot more clear believe it or not.

You've lost me there ...
Are you hinting at a particular VPN service ?

If so , I'm sure it would be OK to name them here :)

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
ProtonMail 3.9 has been released for the web bringing with it a bunch of new features ... ... ... ...

Lastly, ProtonVPN has been integrated into the ProtonMail dashboard, making it easier for customers to upgrade to a paid version of ProtonVPN under Settings, then Dashboard. You can also manage your ProtonVPN settings from the ProtonMail settings by navigating to the VPN tab.

found i this article (date of the article: Jul 7, 2017): ProtonMail 3.9 adds ProtonVPN integration and auto-unsubscribe

Reactions: ispx
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.