The N Security Configuration

Nafees

Thread author
Sep 22, 2014
I am here to share my system's security configurations and i would like to join the free giveaways.

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Hello there,

If you download malware samples, it is best that you use a virtual machine to do it as I see that you just finished cleaning up an infection.

You might also want to swap Adblock Plus for uBlock, as it is more of a general purpose blocker that can block both ads and scripts, and is lighter.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
More backup is much better, through cloud and making incremental image on third party program/built in features + bootable device in case of system failure.

In case of problem in Google Chrome its better you have another alternative like Opera and Firefox. ;)

Extension for better optimization are Adguard and HTTPS Everywhere.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider one or two more on demand scanners
Consider some type of back up solution
Consider uBlock in place of ABD in Chrome

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.