truestampede

From SecureAge
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Greetings Malware Tips Users!

SecureAPlus (www.SecureAPlus.com), a Windows security software that combines 12 Anti-Virus engines in the cloud with our powerful Application Whitelisting, is set to have some major improvements down the line.

We’ve been gathering feedback from our users to know how we can make SecureAPlus better, and one of the more common responses is that our interface looks dated and to some even unintuitive.

Note: All images below represent a work in progress.

SecureAPlus UI Changes

With that in mind, the most obvious change that the new SecureAPlus will be bringing is the UI. Here are some of the things we considered when designing the new UI:

1. Easy Access to the Most Relevant Actions
Users typically do 3 things when opening SecureAPlus - Switch Modes, Full System Scan and Changing Settings.

bYkOlNy.jpg

The home window during a Full System Scan.

With the new UI
We’ve made it immediately obvious how to do those actions from the main window. The biggest change being the ability to switch modes immediately from the main window.​

2. Unified Windows Approach
SecureAPlus has a breabreadth of security information and controls to show users. Admittedly displaying these has become more difficult as we added more features that we’ve developed. This has resulted in varying windows and notifications for different functions.

BRNwzJO.jpg

Detailed view of Full System Scan from the same main window when clicking UAV status.

L09TbqI.jpg

One of the Universal AV settings viewable from the same main window via the bottom menubar for Settings.

With the New UI
We aim to keep navigation focused on the main window and for prompts to finally have a single and unified notification behavior across Application Whitelisting, Universal AV, and the Offline AV.​

3. Protection That’s Less Intimidating
We think security software is supposed to prevent threats from harming your computer, not antagonize the users themselves. We don’t want users to panic at the sight of malware. We want them to feel in control because Application Whitelisting gives users just that.

Miocc7x.jpg

Users immediately know at a glance that this file is safe since all green

pKdXXsp.jpg

With potentially bad files, you'll see more red. AV & whitelisting actions are now also combined in one prompt.

With the New UI
Security software have that typical feel that people are used to it. Our approach to the new SecureAPlus UI is maintaining a layout that users are already familiar with but giving off a more welcoming feel.

We also considered making discerning the best action as easy as possible with Notifications at a Glance. We achieved this by simplifying and color coding the breadth of relevant information that you usually see with our notifications - Green is good. Red is bad. A mix of colors needs your attention.​

More than Just a Facelift
We are also introducing more features that are sure to please both casual and advanced users.

The new SecureAPlus will be significantly improving its anti-virus capabilities with Real Time On-Demand Scans from the Universal AV.

Another feature that is sure to get more users excited is the addition of Silent & Game Modes - features that have been requested for some time. We've always wanted to give users control and to be as un-intrusive to the user as possible.

Also expect big improvements in performance and in minimizing false positives as we make tweaks to how SecureAPlus works.

The SecureAPlus Beta Program

We have more changes in store for the new SecureAPlus and our team is hard at work to get them into your hands.

People interested to get their early and potentially earn additional rewards can join the new Beta Program. While full details are not yet out, you can let us know you’re interested by leaving your email at the page below:

All the announcements about the Beta will be made through there so be sure to register as early as possible.

We’d Like to Get Your Early Impressions from this Preview

So what do you think about the upcoming changes to the new SecureAPlus?

Like it or hate it or meh? You can share your thoughts here or at the SecureAPlus Forums.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I don't like this alien ship cartoon o_O
Maybe add one more different theme to choose:
  • Adult themes
  • Child theme

1.jpg

Maybe change the top color to Green when the file is safe:

2.jpg

Change the top color to Red when the file is bad:

3.jpg

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Who wants this?

Here's 25% Off Premium
As Thanks for Subscribing to Our Promotional Newsletter
Shop for SecureAPlus Premium

and use the following code to enjoy the amazing discount after adding an item to your cart.

PM ME FOR CODE BEFORE IT EXPIRES, MODS I HOPE THIS IS OK?

* This code is valid only till 30 September 2015 23:59

Where Do I Enter the Code?
Visit the store page with the coupon code field here

or click on the coupon code to visit the store with the code automatically applied.
We hope you remain subscribed for more promotions in the future.

Till then, enjoy using SecureAPlus!

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
Does SecureAPlus still add all executables on external drives to the whitelist? I have a bunch of installers, and security test tools on an external drive. SecureAPlus scanned my external drives in the past, and added all executables on the drives to the whitelist that were not detected as a threats. I do not like this behavior so I decided not to use SAP. I reported it to the developer as an unwanted behavior. Does SAP still do this?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
You can exclude folders/files you don't wont to be scanned.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Yes, you can exclude the entire drive. Currently the exclusion is only applicable to filter the scan results that are going to be shown to the user. I think it is also make sense to implement the exclusion list for the initial full system scan, which is currently not available yet. We will include this in our development pipeline.

Reactions: Av Gurus

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Yes, you can exclude the entire drive. Currently the exclusion is only applicable to filter the scan results that are going to be shown to the user. I think it is also make sense to implement the exclusion list for the initial full system scan, which is currently not available yet. We will include this in our development pipeline.

Would you consider to allow users to manually edit the application whitelist in the future version?

Reactions: sap

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Currently you can manually edit the application whitelist from the context menu in Window Explorer. To do this, right click on the file(s) for folder(s) that you want to edit in Windows Explorer, and select the "Trust Level" that you intended to set.

Reactions: Online_Sword

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Currently you can manually edit the application whitelist from the context menu in Window Explorer. To do this, right click on the file(s) for folder(s) that you want to edit in Windows Explorer, and select the "Trust Level" that you intended to set.

Yes, I know that. But what I really want is a table that contains all the folders and files in the whitelist, and allows me to manually add/edit/delete items in this table. In my opinion, this could simplify the management.:)
Would you consider this?

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I got what you mean now. I think we can extend the "show all trust level" context menu for this purpose.

Actually currently we have this kind of solution for enterprise, when they purchase our SecureAge Management Server. All the whitelist can be managed from SecureAge Management Server.

Reactions: Online_Sword

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am giving SecurAPlus(not the Beta) Premium a try for the first time running it alongside ESET Smart Security 8.
I performed the initial full system scan on fast and it did not take too long for a full system scan.
There were no FP's in the scan results.So far so good.I will see how it goes and maybe jump on the Beta program.

I did create an account however on the My account page it does not show an expiration date for the Premium license.Within the program itself it does show a 2 year expiration date.The home page shows "Premium Trial"
On the "My Devices" page it shows a 1 year expiration date (have a 2 year premium license) and everything else says Upgrade to premium.
Cannot access the "Settings" Page on the account page either "Oh no! You are not a Premium user.Upgrade to Premium to enjoy this privilege!"
Maybe these take time to take effect?

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
SecureAPlus will not be right for me until the user can exclude other drive letters from being scanned during the initial full system scan. I have many executables on external drives that I do not want whitelisted for several reasons. When this functionality is added I will start beta testing for SecureAPlus again. Thank you! You have been very helpful!

agustina

Jan 19, 2015
I did create an account however on the My account page it does not show an expiration date for the Premium license.Within the program itself it does show a 2 year expiration date.The home page shows "Premium Trial"
On the "My Devices" page it shows a 1 year expiration date (have a 2 year premium license) and everything else says Upgrade to premium.
Cannot access the "Settings" Page on the account page either "Oh no! You are not a Premium user.Upgrade to Premium to enjoy this privilege!"
Maybe these take time to take effect?

You should add your license on 'My License' page.

truestampede

From SecureAge
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hi Everyone!

I am pleased to inform you that today, we are officially starting the SecureAPlus Beta.

For more information, the full announcement can be found below:
SecureAPlus Beta Announcement Page

If you have not created a SecureAPlus Account yet, you can sign up for the Beta here:

Beta Account Sign Up (New User)

For existing SecureAPlus Accounts,

Beta Account Conversion

For those interested, the first round of testing will have a few considerations in mind which can be found in the following page:
SecureAplus Beta Testing Considerations

Do note that we also grant points about bug reports and suggestions posted on Malware Tips. Simply submit the URL of the post/thread from your Beta Account Portal.

We look forward to receiving all your feedback and also stay tuned for updates!

Reactions: Muppet and Av Gurus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.