Battle The Shadowra's Battlefield Project !

Compare list
Avast
Avira
Kaspersky
F-Secure
And more
In-depth Comparison

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

This post is made because I have a huge project, and I want to close out 2021 with a bang!
Many of you know me for my test videos, or my antivirus comparisons (I'll have to do them again) .
But, as I'm going on Christmas vacations from December 22nd to December 30th, I'd like to make a huge video to end 2021, and I want your participation !

The project is simple : A Battlefield of the 10 best antivirus of 2021, selected by you !
The goal will be to elect the best security suite of the year 2021.

The shooting of my video will start on December 19th, for a publication on the 21st :)

To your keyboards! :D

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
If you have place for a smaller security maybe add something like K7 Total Security.
A MS Defender with H_C settings on "recommended" doesn't qualify as a suite I guess :D ?

Any antivirus can be proposed ;)
The most quoted will be selected for the battle.

For MS Defender + hard no :D but I can make you a separate video ;)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
avira free, avast free, bitdefender free, kaspersky free, ms defender, huorong, WV, SEP, 360, sophos home free.(y)

Bitdefender Free and Sophos Free are no longer supported (Bitdefender Free ends on January 1st 2022)

I note the rest, for the moment many of you vote for the tenors + WiseVector!

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
A Battlefield of the 10 best antivirus of 2021

Bitdefender Free and Sophos Free are no longer supported (Bitdefender Free ends on January 1st 2022)
those antivirus are still in full force if you want to make a kind of the best antivirus of 2021. :)

Edit: Unless they are no longer available for download.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Default, no settings will be changed
Maybe you'll have to make a subtle exception for Microsoft Defender if your malware packs are going to include PUPs.
MD's PUP protection is off by default. AV testing labs don't test PUPs so even in default settings MD does well there.
So enable it from the UI for your particular test.
Another one is ESET, for which you'll just have to enable PUA protection at the time of installation.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.