TheBlue262's System Config

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest some backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a free and reliable version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD i would suggest Aomei One Key it will even help you create a new partition to backup to.

Thanks for sharing your config. :)

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
I would like to suggest some backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a free and reliable version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD i would suggest Aomei One Key it will even help you create a new partition to backup to.

I will try out Aomei Backupper, thanks! :)

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015

Do you happen to know which backup I should use? Should I use a system backup, disk backup, or a partition backup?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
good config
be aware that rollback rx should be uninstalled before all major windows updates.
and if you have SSD, you will want to uninstall it and reboot and run TRIM every once in a while.
there are a few other things to be careful about with rollback, such as not resizing partitions or messing with MBR unless you uninstall it first.
It is a great program, but has its things.
AOMEI and macrium reflect are much more straightforward

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Why OP isn't using a AV? Will Keylogger protection and Exploit prevention act as replacements to AV?
So, what about your smartphone? Or are you using mobiles with keypads to avoid detection/spying as per Snowden's suggestion?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Why OP isn't using a AV? Will Keylogger protection and Exploit prevention act as replacements to AV?
So, what about your smartphone? Or are you using mobiles with keypads to avoid detection/spying as per Snowden's suggestion?
zemana+voodoo+knowledge and good sense = a replacement for traditional AV.

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
good config
be aware that rollback rx should be uninstalled before all major windows updates.
and if you have SSD, you will want to uninstall it and reboot and run TRIM every once in a while.
there are a few other things to be careful about with rollback, such as not resizing partitions or messing with MBR unless you uninstall it first.
It is a great program, but has its things.
AOMEI and macrium reflect are much more straightforward
I was wondering, why do I need to uninstall rollback rx before a major update? What issues can happen if it is not uninstalled?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.