Basic Security Thenightmare's security config

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@thenightmare: I set temporally Your config to Caution, until You add system backup solution.

Please consider to use as a Image System Backup: Macrium Free or AOMEI BackUpper Standard Free, also manual backups of documents to external device.

Also should be interesting also a PassWord Manager.

For on demand scans You may use ZAM Free, HitManPro and Norton Power Eraser.

Also reflect and announce any change in Your config here.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Last edited:

thenightmare

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2016
@thenightmare: I set temporally Your config to Caution, until You add system backup solution.

Please consider to use as a Image System Backup: Macrium Free or AOMEI BackUpper Standard Free, also manual backups of documents to external device.

Also should be interesting also a PassWord Manager.

For on demand scans You may use ZAM Free, HitManPro and Norton Power Eraser.

Also reflect and announce any change in Your config here.

Thanks for sharing! :)

from your advise, I added AOMEI Backupper standard and Zemana Antimalware (premium) from give away page. And I have question about Zemana, can i turn on real time protection? Does it conflict with CMF and KAF?

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Macrium Reflect is great for system backups, if you wanted a data backup, you could supplement it with Rollback Rx Home which is free. Not neccesary, but would help to fill in the gaps between disk images.

thenightmare

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2016
Is yours working well with Comodo? I'm getting occasional freeze up since I installed EAM. Not giving up yet but I miss the speed of F-Secure.
Until now, Comodo works normally. I made Emsisoft to exclude Comodo directory from monitoring. I don't get any freeze at all. When I installed, if I didn't exclude Comodo folder. I cannot run Comodo

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.