Thinkinpoint's Config

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Not a bad setup m8, however a combo with Comodo and ESET does not overjoy me.
Not saying that it cannot work, i am just saying that i have to seen to many costumer pc's that did have serious conflicts due to this very combo.

Not sure what exactly the problem is, but seems something like claiming administrative rights over some dll and services.
And for whatever reason ESET and Comodo seem to fight over it.

Not sure if that issue has been fixed in Win 8.
Other then that nice one.

Reactions: Jack

thinkinpoint

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for the reply, I have been using this combo for nearly a month now and have no issues yet.

I will let you know if I do. Cheers!!

D

Deleted member 178

The problem here is you have 2 hips (eset and comodo) that will conflict because disabling Comodo hips is not turning it off, it still monitoring the system but will kicks in if comodo BB dont recognize a file

I have made a explication of comodo hips and BB interaction here:

http://malwaretips.com/threads/cis-v6-bb-hips.11819/

Not saying potential drivers issues between ESET and Comodo.

I am well known here to test many combos and i avoid to couple 2 softwares with hips unless i can uninstall totally this hips conponent.

Luckily you can really disable ESET hips , your computer will need to reboot.

so I suggest you to turn off ESET hips and let comodo as it is

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thinkinpoint

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.