at scale
Learn more
Stream & Share Securely

Secure video streaming and sharing

for teams and enterprises

WEBSITE WAS A BIT SLOOOW HOWEVER....

W

Wave

I think I am just living under a rock or was too messed up (at the time) to notice because I didn't notice a single thing, haha. Everything has been working perfectly over here for me... And I've been visiting sites like Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks... PSN too (which was apparently affected - I was playing a high round game without disconnect yesterday and today).

Hmm, interesting... :D

59er

Level 1
Apr 23, 2015
My local online newspaper, Oregonlive, was having trouble. A 503 with Guru Mediation error. O-live is part of Advanced Publications, Inc. A few other newspapers I checked that that are associated were having problems too. A little history...Guru Mediation was a long ago error message received on early versions of Commodore Amiga systems. Reference: Guru Meditation - Wikipedia

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Been using google DNS for the past year, from yesterday till now I found that Tumblr images are having issues loading, after switching my router DNS to OpenDNS everything is fine again.

L

LabZero

Cyber security is not a product but a process.The servers have to be updated, technologies change, evolve and new ones may have their internal flaws to exploit, the attacks differ in the course of time.
You can NOT buy security, you must implement and continue to implement, and the first flaw of a system is the the superficiality of those who must handle that, believe me, some attacks could be avoided, but in the global mess is so difficult to find responsibility.
It is absolutely unthinkable, an attack that paralyze half of the world.

Ps: no particular problems here considering that my connection is slow and often laggy ...anyway :D

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Let the conspiracy theory do the way. ;)

Who do you think will be responsible at all? The counterpart of US which wanting to gain numerous power and economy.

Definitely that is a horrendous act no matter what circumstances.

Luckily I'm at SEA based country thus servers are different.

A

antreas

Let's see if they can take down facebook for some hours. facebook will lose million of dollars :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JB007

59er

Level 1
Apr 23, 2015
This from an article on Krebs on Security, 21 Hacked Cameras, DVRs...

"According to researchers at security firm Flashpoint, today’s attack was launched at least in part by a Mirai-based botnet. Allison Nixon, director of research at Flashpoint, said the botnet used in today’s ongoing attack is built on the backs of hacked IoT devices — mainly compromised digital video recorders (DVRs) and IP cameras made by a Chinese hi-tech company called XiongMai Technologies. The components that XiongMai makes are sold downstream to vendors who then use it in their own products.

“It’s remarkable that virtually an entire company’s product line has just been turned into a botnet that is now attacking the United States,” Nixon said, noting that Flashpoint hasn’t ruled out the possibility of multiple botnets being involved in the attack on Dyn."

Krebs on Security

Reactions: DardiM and JB007

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Good job hackers :D
this why I said many USA companys never attention on it own security :oops:
we see a day all of USA internet will shuttdown:p why not o_O

Reactions: DardiM and JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.