Advice Request This site can’t be reached (eklablog)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

suzie

Thread author
Mar 17, 2019
Hi for some reason I can't get eklablog to load, I have a blog with them my friends who also have blogs with eklablog are not having any problems loading their blogs it's just me.

I have looked online for answers but I am now confused as to what might be the problem I did try the netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log thing but it didn't work.

If it helps it won't load on any of the computers, tablets or phones in the house.

Any help is much appreciated

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Working fine here.

Maybe your router or ISP blocks it ?

Reactions: suzie

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
How do I change the dns server
The suggested Google DNS in the article should do or you can try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.
Code:
wmic nicconfig where DHCPEnabled=TRUE call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1")

suzie

Thread author
Mar 17, 2019
How did the tracert thing do was it any good?

and the dns server where do I put the code? will it effect the other computers in the house I don't want anyone to loose internet connection

Changed the dns server but didn't work

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Something is definitely blocking that webpage on your computer. What kind of security do you have (antivirus, firewall)? Also check your HOSTS:
Code:
%WINDIR%\System32\Drivers\Etc\Hosts

It might be blocked based on some filtering, since it is a blog, where people post various kind of stuff and it also hosts pictures and videos.

You can use VPN or TOR as a secondary browser, to access the webpage, until you figure it out.

suzie

Thread author
Mar 17, 2019
Yes the firewall is on and I use Avast free I disconnected avast it still didn't load

I looked in the hosts I couldn't see anything relating to eklablog

My nieghbour let me log my tablet on her router and it loads ok

I have downloaded chrome, in the search results for my eklablog blog it says translate this page so clicking that it has loaded up using google translate, the images are not showing but all the links are and are working.

I flushed the dns

Will have a look at the tor browser but will have to be tomorrow as I have to go now

Thanks for you help

Thanks jogs will give that a try tomorrow as well

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

suzie

Thread author
Mar 17, 2019
It loaded ok on tor but it seems my IP could be blocked so I have mailed them to ask them to unblock it

suzie

Thread author
Mar 17, 2019
Thanks everyone for your help just thought I would put a post in to say at last it's sorted.

They had banned my IP for reasons only known to themselves, I sent several emails over the last 13 days and now at last they have unbanned me.

I did get on there using a VPN but it annoyed me not being able to use my own IP if I wanted.

IMO they are the worst help/support team I have ever come across.

Also just to say I didn't use a VPN before but with all the input I have had from here I now know how to use a VPN which is very handy at times so thanks for that :) :cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.