ThisIsMe security configuration

ThisIsMe

Thread author
Jun 21, 2011
This configuration is good for me? Any Sugestions?

edit:
My configuration of computer:
Intel Core i7 2600
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024MB
8 GB RAM DDR3
2 TB HDD

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
KIS 2012 is a powerful suite, which can protect your PC with no real problems.You should remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware from your real-time protection because over doing it is as bad as not securing your PC.
As a optional step , you can increase KIS 2012 prevention by using it in Interactive mode ,the main downside is that you'll may need to answer to some pop-ups, however this should increase your level of protection.
kis2012_6255_01_en.gif

On this forums you' can also find a guide on "How To Setup Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 for Maximum Protection",even if it's for the 2011 version ,you can check it out and see if you can use some settings for the 2012 version.

As a tip I would suggest to use the Kaspersky sandbox when browsing the internet, if you don't like it you can try Sandboxie.

Additional On-demand scanners:
Emsisoft Emergency Kit (Free) - link
With the Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner you have got the powerful Emsisoft Scanner including graphical user interface. Search the infected PC for Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Dialers, Keyloggers and other malign programs.
Run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner with a double click on a2emergencykit.exe. Found Malware can be moved to quarantine or finally deleted.

Additional browser protection:

LastPass (Free/) - link
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Extra protection:

EMET 2 (Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit) (Free) - link
EMET provides users with the ability to deploy security features built into Windows to arbitrary applications. This helps prevent vulnerabilities in those applications from successfully being exploited. DEP, SEHOP and ASLR are such security features, if you want to learn more about what they do, you can watch this video from Microsoft TechCenter. To configure EMET you should follow this guide by rationallyPARANOID.

VTUploader (Free) - link

To upload a file to VirusTotal, you can visit the main analysis site, click the Browse button to select a file from your hard drive, and then click the Send file button. You can make this process even easier with the free VirusTotal Uploader utility. After installing it, you can simply right-click any file under 20MB and choose "VirusTotal" from the Send To Windows menu. The scan results will display in your browser as usual.

As for you PC specs it would be a good idea to start a topic in the Hardware Showcase Forum

ThisIsMe

Thread author
Jun 21, 2011
My new config is:

Realtime: KIS 2012
On Demad: MBAM, Hitman Pro
Browser: Firefox 5, LastPass, G Data Cloud Security, VTzilla, flagfox, adblock, KIS.

ThisIsMe

Thread author
Jun 21, 2011
I think at this is not required. I seen the tests of KIS Sandbox and i think its good enough.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
ThisIsMe said:
I think at this is not required. I seen the tests of KIS Sandbox and i think its good enough.

Are you always using Kaspersky Sandbox when browsing the net or only occasionally?

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
ThisIsMe said:
I use only if i do not sure at the site are secure.
Hi ThisIsMe, you should use it the whole time. There is no way that you can
pick and tell which sites are safe and which are not. Personally, I don't trust
any site, I consider every site potentially dangerous even the Vatican's or
Mother Theresa s site can be hacked and infected.
I believe you can not save files when using Safe Run so if that's the reason you
are not using it always, then maybe you can disable Safe Run and use SBIE.
Sandboxie gives you the convenience to save files very easily and Sandboxies
sandbox has been around for 7 years, not 2 like Kaspersky. Huge difference,
can not be compared but if you dont like to try SBIE then use what you have
now so it helps you prevent getting infected.

I took a ride by the Kaspersky forum before replying to you. I did it to check out
the infected/Virus subforum and see whats going on in there and that subforum
is as big as they are on other Antiviruses forums. That tells me that people
using Kaspersky are getting infected and probably, most are doing like you, not
using the sandbox.
Now, if you take a ride by the Sandboxie forum, you will not see a subforum for
people that gets infected. That tells me that people that use Sandboxie, don't
get infected.

Use the sandbox, one or the other, that's my friendly advice.

Bo

ThisIsMe

Thread author
Jun 21, 2011
OK, thank You. I will use Kaspersky Sandbox every time.
But i listen something about sandboxie/KIS Sandbox provably cannot work on x64 system. It is true?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually it was due to the patch guard of 64bit system unlike 32bit it can work well.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
ThisIsMe said:
OK, thank You. I will use Kaspersky Sandbox every time.
But i listen something about sandboxie/KIS Sandbox provably cannot work on x64 system. It is true?
Sandboxie works just fine on 64 Bits, I would say that Kaspersky
should be OK also.

Bo

D

Deleted member 178

ThisIsMe said:

As Bo said, it work very fine, im using the latest beta version of sandboxie (3.57) with the experimental x64 option ticked, and i dont have any problem.

D

Deleted member 178

No problemo, if you have some in the future, don't hesitate.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.