On Sale! Thor Premium Home 70% off

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://heimdalsecurity.com/en/buy/register/thor-premium?voucher=vaccinetrial
How to get a license
Follow diections at site

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This Thor is like SentinelOne? Why SentinelOne | SentinelOne

You can run Thor with Kaspersky ? @harlan4096

Can someone explain what is with this Thor about?

Thanks!
Thor Premium has Avira engine integrated + a simple FireWall, so not recommended, the others variants of Thor, probably can run alongside Kaspersky...

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013

I saw that before you post it and didn't buy it , I better buy Hitman Pro then this :) even is cheap...thanks

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
I ran Thor Foresight (not premium) along with Kaspersky , and now also along with Bitdefender. Thor Foresight only has traffic filtering called DarkLayer- it's DNS filtering so it doesn't play well with VPNs- and an application updater. The filter is actually good against malicious urls but it doesn't fair well against phishing. It also have something called VectorN detection.
They do give cool names for their modules I give them that.
Finally, to be honest, I don't think one should buy it. They should put more effort in the product.
I wanted this product to be good, but as Harlan showed in his testing it gave such miserable results.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Paid over 3 hours ago still have not gotten e-mail conformation, after seeing harlan4096 test results, I kind of hope they dropped my order(lol)but if not I will pair it with other program and leave there Av off I think
I respect what Harlan and what other members do at the hub but believe me that in real world, Heimdal will protect you. I am talking about their Thor Premium version which uses Avira signatures and cloud along with their DNS filtering.

Edit
I am concerned about the future of this company. Regarding the quality of their products, much work is needed. I hope they improve.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I tried their premium product for a week and I wasn't impressed with the resource usage or "features". I hope they improve their products as well.
I have used it for enough time! As for the resources usage, it is very very light. It does not impact system performance in any way. I do not think it lacks features; it provides you with what you really need without bloatware. They can develop a real firewall and focus on develping what they already have and they're good to go.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014

interesting and informative. but a word of caution. when i studied statistics at university, they taught me that the small sample size ... and the fact that it doesn't have a reference for comparison (other avs tested with the same sample), makes this a bit more antidotal, and a bit less scientific in analysis (which is to be expected in unfunded testing). i say this only because someone has posted (in this thread) already that they will not buy the product based on your expert opinion and testing. testing that, based on its composition and this sites recommendation, can be perceived as bordering on libel (particularly by angry av companies). i suggest caution when instructing potential customers for a product against purchasing it based on incomplete testing. true, you do state it is your opinion ("not recommended"), but when you represent this site, you draw the site into that uncomfortable legal sphere and make it libel ("staff member"). i recall when bleeping computer was sued for libel for calling someone a fake av (or something). not a good place to put yourself. i do see you have a disclaimer on the test, but am unsure if it is enough to legally protect you (?).

i am not saying `don't test' or to change the way people test. the test was good and interesting (just not necessarily legally capable of justifying lost product sales in a defamation lawsuit - given you instructed the readers here not to buy it. your test page does have some cautions on it, but that was undone in this post thread when you instructed people to avoid it by saying it was not recommended). so, i am saying to be careful in what you say based on that test, particularly if your opinion is conflated with the espoused expert opinion of the site. and particularly when it was revealed in this thread that the company has a new owner (the source of this promotion), and we don't know how prone to lawfare that new owner is. lol, okay, old feller here is done being everyone's dad and has given his 2 cents of fatherly instruction to protect them. and kids, wear a condom. carry on. :p

Last edited:

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
I have used it for enough time! As for the resources usage, it is very very light. It does not impact system performance in any way. I do not think it lacks features; it provides you with what you really need without bloatware. They can develop a real firewall and focus on develping what they already have and they're good to go.
THIS 👍.
It is one of the lightest solutions, I wanted it to be good because I really liked their approach. It's protection without all the crap I do not need !
And I agree with what you said above, for the careful user it is sufficient !
But I was disappointed personally after I saw the HUB results because I really wanted it to be great because I liked it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.