App Review Those Nasty RATS Part 5

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
N

NullByte

I've talked about this issue since I joined this forum, some security companies listen some where rude and hostile. You can bypass Comodo with DLL drop using TVL files (tested a few days ago).
In real world scenario 90% (or even more) of security products fail against a malware that is more then basic.

Thanks for the video :)

Fuzzfas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 8, 2013
Excellent! The title could be "everything you ever wanted to know about Comodo configuration and you dind't know who to ask". HIPS FTW! I never trusted them sandboxes... So basically, with the HIPS on, you can avoid deleting the TVL, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd

Fuzzfas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 8, 2013
I've talked about this issue since I joined this forum, some security companies listen some where rude and hostile. You can bypass Comodo with DLL drop using TVL files (tested a few days ago).
In real world scenario 90% (or even more) of security products fail against a malware that is more then basic.

Thanks for the video :)

You mean it fails if you use the sandbox or the HIPS too?

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Comodo HIPS is a great tool but needs patient to learn it.
Thank you for the video and see you in the fall.

Reactions: Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 8, 2013
Sandbox

With HIPS depends on you and what you allow or what you block.

Thanks. Fine then. I 'm used having only the HIPS part activated since v5.10. And it seems i will stay this way. So i can even let the TVL in place. This is great news.

Reactions: tonibalas

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No surprise, HIPS is meant to monitor anything towards on the whole system.

So the malware will have no choice but to undergone such operation without approval.

TVL, still a big dilemma at all so it is more on improving the components as Smart on detection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.