Stopspying

Level 10
"The popular open-source email client, Mozilla Thunderbird’s major version 78.0 now available for download with new features and improvements.
For a year, Thunderbird is on version 68.0. Thunderbird 78 available today on July 15, 2020, is not just a version bump, but a massive upgrade if you look at the OpenPGP Support and other stuff it is bringing to the table...."

security123

Level 26
Verified
Not so fast!:
MZLA Technologies Corporation has uploaded Thunderbird 78.0 to the distribution server; this means that the new major version of the email client will be released soon.

;)

Stopspying

Level 10
Not so fast!:

;)
From the article I linked to:

"The Thunderbird new version isn’t officially released, but it is still available for download for Windows, Mac, and Linux from FTP server and third-party mirror sites."

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Only those that did not move/were adapted to the new add-on system...

1594968756042.png

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Usable with 68 but enforced with 78.
My addons are not ready for 78. :(
How long can I keep using 68? Is there a security penalty to staying with 68, or just a lack of new features?

If anyone wants to try out 78, be forewarned that it makes changes to your user profile, and it tells you to make a new profile if you try to reinstall 68. Backup your profile before trying 78.