Troubleshoot Thunderbird Adress book files to commit in Shadow

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
I need to solve this for a member of my family.
Thunderbird 92- (latest program,IMAP), Shadow Defender 1.5.0.726, OS= Windows7
Problem: which Thunderbird files are to be committed or excluded while using Shadow Defender in order to save modifications made in the adress Book? Adding-Deleting new entries in the adress book and save them through reboots is the crux of the matter.
I used to do it,but now dont remember, can anyone please help?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I need to solve this for a member of my family.
Thunderbird 92- (latest program,IMAP), Shadow Defender 1.5.0.726, OS= Windows7
Problem: which Thunderbird files are to be committed or excluded while using Shadow Defender in order to save modifications made in the adress Book? Adding-Deleting new entries in the adress book and save them through reboots is the crux of the matter.
I used to do it,but now dont remember, can anyone please help?
To ensure that modifications made to the Thunderbird Address Book are saved through reboots while using Shadow Defender, you need to commit the following Thunderbird files:

- abook.mab: This file holds the contacts in the Address Book. It is located in the Thunderbird profile folder. To locate the profile folder, open Thunderbird, click on the menu icon, select Help, Troubleshooting Information, and then click on the button labeled "Open Folder" next to the "Profile Folder" entry.

- history.mab: This file holds the autocomplete history for the Address Book. It is also located in the Thunderbird profile folder.

You should exclude all other Thunderbird files, as they are either unnecessary for the Address Book or will be regenerated automatically.

To commit or exclude files in Shadow Defender, you can use the configuration settings for the program. In the Exclusion List, add the path to the Thunderbird profile folder and exclude all files within the folder, except for the two files mentioned above.

Note that it is always recommended to create a backup of your Thunderbird profile folder before making any changes or committing files in Shadow Defender.

Reactions: Jack
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.