Status
Not open for further replies.

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Hello folks :)

i feel the need to move to a new password manager after couple years of using Lastpass, not because that Lastpass is not good enough, it's that i need a change...

I have been looking a few ones like

BitWarden, 1Password, Dashlane so far are the ones i liked the most..

What do you recommend?
BitWarden is new and open source, seems really nice.
1Password is also nice, but i have concerns about the fact that there is no 2FA
Dashlane is also nice (lol)

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Since Lastpass is 24$ a year now for their premium multifactor options, its not an option anymore for me.
Dashlane never was an option with their crazy 40$ a year LOL
1Password has no 2FA? so that's not an option either haha
The only option i know about is Keepass with their ugly GUI or BitWarden maybe wich i have never tried... :D

Azertydv

Level 1
May 26, 2017

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Sticky password do deals on their lifetime plan which I found to be very reasonable in price.
Buy Sticky Password Premium & Be Safe | Sticky Password
(PS this has said "ending tonight" since I first saw it a couple of months ago).

I don't have experience of other password managers but I understand that Kasperksy use sticky password in their products which i suppose gives it some legitimacy. It also has the option to share passwords between devices via home wifi if you don't want your passwords being saved to the cloud.

Last edited:

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
1Password has a kind of 2FA actually, it's called "Secret Key". It's a very long key you need + password of course when signing in to a new device. You only need to enter the Secret Key once when signing into a new device and you can access it from where you are signed in (you don't need to remember the Secret Key). I use it and it is pretty convenient.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
1Password has a kind of 2FA actually, it's called "Secret Key". It's a very long key you need + password of course when signing in to a new device. You only need to enter the Secret Key once when signing into a new device and you can access it from where you are signed in (you don't need to remember the Secret Key). I use it and it is pretty convenient.
Sorry, I missed the answer above :p

Reactions: The paranoid one

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I have subscriptions to LastPass, Roboform, Dashlane & Sticky Password. My favourite is LastPass, followed by RoboForm (long time user), Dashlane and Sticky Password. Why 4? Coz I am not sure how long these companies will stay afloat even if their programs continue to function. These PMs not only store my passwords but other information that I simply can't do without.

A LastPass subscription has now doubled to $24/year. But it's still not nearly the rip off Dashlane is @ $40/year. I'll put my money on LastPass again. The wife loves it and prefers it over Roboform.

T

The paranoid one

What about 1password or dashlane? nobody uses them?
I've used LastPass, Dashlane and KeePass, but now I'm using Bitwarden (free, open source)
LastPass is very, very good and being able to synchronize the passwords between several devices for free is something excellent. That's why I do not use Dashlane, although free and very comfortable to use, if you want to synchronize, you have to go to a paid version.
Keepass is excellent too, but it's not comfortable to use and the extensions do not work 100% (I'm talking about my system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.