Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hi!
Apparently you haven't activated HIPS in Comodo, and that's good for this combo.
You should do fine without Zemana too. Avast hardened in itself is an added security measure, though it won't take place of Zemana.
You can consider adding Emsisoft Emergency Kit to on-demand list (power of Emsisoft engine + BD engine).
Thanks for sharing :D

Tiny

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
@Polygon - I've never had any compatibility issues with the two. I would suspect there may be a conflict with some other security software on your setup, though I can't be certain of that. In my case, both have always played nice together and I try to limit how many security programs run at the same time.:)

@Parsh & @Exterminator - Thanks, guys. I think I'll go with ZAM as an additional scanner along with Malwarebytes.

@Crypto - Thank you for that suggestion! I am considering switching entirely to that instead of Keepass.:)

Tiny

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
After fooling around with both, I decided to drop Qihoo and Avast for WD, since I have CF10 already configured on @cruelsister settings. Got a noticeable speed boost as a result.

Trying to see if ReHIPS can be thrown into the mix as an extra layer of protection. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions from members? Hoping to hear from @Umbra & @SHvFl too, since they seem to be quite on top of things related to ReHIPS.

D

Deleted member 178

After fooling around with both, I decided to drop Qihoo and Avast for WD, since I have CF10 already configured on @cruelsister settings. Got a noticeable speed boost as a result.

Trying to see if ReHIPS can be thrown into the mix as an extra layer of protection. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions from members? Hoping to hear from @Umbra & @SHvFl too, since they seem to be quite on top of things related to ReHIPS.
you don't need ReHIPS, why?

CFW = HIPS + BB + Sandbox + FW
ReHIPS = Application Control + Sandbox

so basically CFW already does what ReHIPS does.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Yeah, just start using Rehips when eventually Comodo drives you crazy and you want to switch. As of now you are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.