Status
Not open for further replies.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
What displayed this message? TinyWall's installer? Or TinyWall itself? Or something completely else? The only similar message in TinyWall is "Database is missing or corrupt.", but that seems to be a different message (or maybe the same but original meaning lost in translation?).

You can/should just install the beta while 2.1 is installed. It will automatically upgrade the version AND migrate your firewall settings. It is unnecessary to uninstall the older version first.
Downgrading is a different story: To downgrade, you need to uninstall the newer version first and then install the old version.

It is very important in general, that you only use the installer and uninstaller to install, remove and upgrade. Never try to upgrade or remove the files manually without using the (un)installer. This is of course true for all other security software too that have non-trivial integration with the system, but I need to point out TinyWall is no exception. You haven't done any manual file deletions or upgrades have you?
The popup was about the database and was displayed shortly after the beta installation was completed. As you pointed out, it was caused by uninstalling the stable version. I installed 2.1 again and finally reached the beta version. There is no problem with the Microsoft Store with this version. Thanks for your advice!:D(y)(y)(y)(y)

ultim

Level 2
Oct 13, 2011
The popup was about the database and was displayed shortly after the beta installation was completed. As you pointed out, it was caused by uninstalling the stable version. I installed 2.1 again and finally reached the beta version. There is no problem with the Microsoft Store with this version. Thanks for your advice!:D(y)(y)(y)(y)
Uninstalling the stable first and then installing the beta should have worked too of course (in that case the disadvantage is that your settings won't be migrated), so something definitely went wrong in your case at first. Basically you are allowed to do any sequence of install, uninstall, or upgrade, as long as you're using the official installer and NOT manual operations. I'm glad though a reinstall solved your problem :)

And extra thanks for reporting that the Store works now for you too.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thread closed at request of developer. For assistance, share your concerns at TinyWall Version 3 released!

As for the old thread, I think it can be closed. I will stop supporting v2.1 now, except of course for upgrade support. Those people can come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.