Yep, i lost datas because my backup drive failed LOOOL
When backup drive saw what you are saving on it, it said :
bfef5a58c4f575ce2b954a6912959cba_thats-it-im-out-im-out-meme_480-360.jpeg

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Great day and wise word's guru's above. Nothing to say, but never ever have lost my backup BUT, once and same reason than umbra :p Since then i have paranoid 3 different drives for that and [top-secret] own sky castle (drive) somewhere far beyond humankind knownledge ;P

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Great day and wise word's guru's above. Nothing to say, but never ever have lost my backup BUT, once and same reason than umbra :p Since then i have paranoid 3 different drives for that and [top-secret] own sky castle (drive) somewhere far beyond humankind knownledge ;P
That is it, done and dusted both my machines backed up. Both with Aomei and Macrium. Secured. :)
I understand you perfectly. I make incremental copies daily and my most important files are stored in the cloud too

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
A nice initiative with a great objective of data safety literacy!
I have all big data (games, movies etc) occasionally transferred to home PC HDDs via Ethernet cable.
Regular files (important or otherwise) are either backed up to USB or Drive (Windows app) as per requirements.

Have lost a lot of data thrice.
Once, I recovered about 400GB data by Minitools Partition Wizard tool (Ubuntu installer didn't detect Windows in EFI mode and clean wiped entire HDD). The other recovered from Google Photos backup. And the third loss was unrecoverable.
Since joining MT, I've taken special care, having mitigation and recovery tools to be able to get things back when needed.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.