Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Better grab it then. :D
I dont know where to download from as it apparently installs with win update and I check updates and apparentle everything is up to date!
Yet I am missing this particular update:confused::confused:
Can you advise!:)

Reactions: Koroke San

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I dont know where to download from as it apparently installs with win update and I check updates and apparentle everything is up to date!
Yet I am missing this particular update:confused::confused:
Can you advise!:)

Check your update history.... otherwise run the windows update troubleshooter as windows update seems to corrupt itself alot.

Reactions: Venustus

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Upon my analysis with this notification upgrade for Windows 10, well its not totally unnecessary though; since it will analyze any possible issues which better than nothing. We all know that stable version doesn't mean will work as guaranteed, of course few bugs may present so its already a step 1 for us to verify its totally good to go.

No need to rush, its your decision if want to upgrade under of 1 year implementation. :)

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
win10.png

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
The link in the update windows normally didn't work but it works now. Has all the info you would need.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ocid=win10_auxapp_AnswerDesk_win10faq

This part is particularly useful for most not getting it. Personally I find it obvious except maybe if your PC isn't compatible with Windows 10 for whatever reason which apparently it will delay it for you for a very long time:

Capture.png

I would also assume that Windows 10 is released on July 29th.

Reactions: Venustus

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I 've got this notification also but i'm not sure if i want to upgrade with the first release because i am reading that windows 10 still has many bugs

D

Deleted member 2913

I got the notification just now.

I didn't reserved it as guess the download will be automatic.

I will decide & manually down/install Win 10.

No compatibility probs here on Win 7 64.

Only it mentioned HP Mobile Data Sensor may not work properly.
But I have not installed data sensor. It is listed on optional updates.

D

Deleted member 2913

Its on Windows Updates too.
Attached is the screenshot

Attachments

• W10.png
    W10.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 411

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@yesnoo Try terminating the GWX.exe process and/or disable from Task Scheduler. Then does that message still appear in Windows Update?

I 've got this notification also but i'm not sure if i want to upgrade with the first release because i am reading that windows 10 still has many bugs
Windows 10 RTM may have less bugs, but not completely free from them.

This "Get Windows 10" app will start downloading (I assume) the OS early to prevent download servers from being slow on release day.

D

Deleted member 2913

@yesnoo Try terminating the GWX.exe process and/or disable from Task Scheduler. Then does that message still appear in Windows Update?

Windows 10 RTM may have less bugs, but not completely free from them.

This "Get Windows 10" app will start downloading (I assume) the OS early to prevent download servers from being slow on release day.
I am fine with the message.
Just wanted to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.